jrhone

Final Ireland Stage II Stance......

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

I was going back and forth whether the back was too low...I added the upper 2 dot spring pad and left the lower one off....well I took some shots and I am convinced...its perfect in my eyes...so here it will stay for a while....here are some pics of the car as it is...the car runs really well and I am just about done mechanically...I have some e21 Recaros with my name on them coming soon...and maybe a carpet kit....then we can tackle the exterior....Here is the car after a fresh wax...cleans up pretty good....

picture-1.jpg

That looks really good,

about the same height as my o2, just yours looks much much nicer.

IMG_0913.jpg

Id like to get it a bit lower though.

edit:resized it on photobucket, should show up soon smaller.

When you're ready to go back into the rear rubbers. I recommend a one dot upper and to use the lower... That SHOULD keep the same level and keep the spring from resting directly on the trailing arm.

Cheers, and BTW it looks bitchin!

I'm also running the stage II rears but I went with coil- overs for the front so I could tune the stance if needed. Your car looks great! Keep it clean, they always look better when clean.

Todd

..... LOOKS G R E A T !

slip the bottom spring rubber back in to prevent spring

failure, and tearing up the control arm - AND eliminate noises

that looks great. any rubbing? i dont get any unless i enter a driveway at an angle at too great a speed. then ill get just a hint.

That looks really good,

about the same height as my o2, just yours looks much much nicer.

IMG_0913.jpg

Id like to get it a bit lower though.

edit:resized it on photobucket, should show up soon smaller.

If you want it lower...you can remove all spring pads in the rear, about an inch lower, then cut about half a coil off the front springs....that should get you even lower...but I sometimes scrape the underside of the car on tall speedbumps so I am not sure you want it much lower.

Dude your car is gorgeous. I must say this has to be one of my favorite big bumper cars I've seen. I love the stance.

THANK GOD!

I think there were what, three or four threads about your "stance".

Now that you've received all this positive feedback, you'll concentrate on other things more relevant to having FUN with the car.