• Upcoming Events

• Announcements

• steve k.

Marking as SOLD   11/04/2016

In the "For Sale" post you will se a button "Mark as Sold"  Use that to indicate that the item is no longer available.
Sign in to follow this  
allbim

Unbeatable price on high torque E3 M3 starter

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

It looks like the smaller bodied SR71X starter, which is actually what they give you 1/2 the time when you ask for a 2002 starter. Its the same size and dimensions as an M3 starter. I don't know if it has the same torque output as the SR440X or whatever the M3 starter is, but it does seem more powerful than the regular big boat anchor 2002 starter.

But yes, I have an SR71X like that on my car, and I posted a thread to tell others how to get the smaller one for the cheap 2002 starter price of $92 plus $20 core (from AutohausAZ.com). Basically, just e-mail them and ask for them to give you one of the smaller-bodied ones.

If this is an E30 M3 starter why doesn't the seller say it will fit an E30 M3?

All the applications he lists are for older BMWs. This link was already posted yesterday, or the day before.

Bob Napier

They did list the E30 M3 as one of the engines this starter fits, in their previous listing. As far as I know there is only one version of the small starter. I installed one a while ago and it is definitely stronger than the old style (big) one. If you have questions, why not give them a call.

And yes, I have posted this before. I posted it again because the link has changed.

W. B.

I just bought this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130300661982&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

talked to the guy

"M3 Model.

PMGR Starter for Bosch

1.7 kW, 12 Volt, CW Rotation"

As far as I know, the output is only 1.4 KW. That's still a big improvement over the 1KW the original starter put out. More power, less weight. What could be better? You will love it.

W. B.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this