• Upcoming Events

mtriple

Ireland Engineering's Air Dam fitment/experience question

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello 02 people

Anyone here have experience with Ireland's ABS front Air dam? How did the install go? any fitment issues that I should know of? I plan on having one painted and installed. Anything I should be aware of? TIA

05dam.jpg

Hamada

Guest Anonymous

This air dam appears virtually identical to one that I purchased from BMP Design. It has been mounted on my car with 3/4" sheet metal screws at about six intervals for the past five year and there have been no problems. Good luck.

Roger

'72 Malaga

also, the IE ad states paintable with proper prep. does anyone know what proper prep requires?

also, the IE ad states paintable with proper prep. does anyone know what proper prep requires?

My guess is to sand, prime, spray color then clear coat

maybe a flex modifier for the paint? mine isn't painted but it fits perfect.. although mine is shifted to one side a few mm. I highly recommend.

Its not ABS...its fiberglass.

I've got 9-10 M10 bolts with rubber washers and nyloc nuts holding it on.

The black edging is the door edge guards that you can buy at any autoparts store.

02Monster

post-2347-13667605293552_thumb.jpg

post-2347-13667605295346_thumb.jpg

post-2347-13667605296998_thumb.jpg

It came with a parts car and was "virgin"....it was painted by the shop when my car was done two years ago.

02Monster

I had one from Ireland years ago when it was a street car. It was ABS, fitment was great and it even took a direct hit from a Racoon at 30mph and survived with only some minor cracking.

I'd recommend using rivnuts and button head bolts to secure it, so in the event you encounter any racoons you can replace it easily. drilling out rivets can sometimes lead to scratched paint on the body if you're not careful.

hth...

-s

post-286-13667605308925_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the tips (and pics). 02Monster are you sure its fiberglass? they advertise it as ABS on their website. May be they used to be FG?

hamada

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.