• Upcoming Events

prosado

dumb nubie question

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

So what do you guys call this model of BMW.

I ask because I was talking with a BMW enthusiast "ol' timer" about how much I like the '02's.

I call it the 2002 (two thousand two)

And he kept calling it 2002 (twenty o two)

So what is the proper model name for the BMW 2002? Or are there other names that owners/garages/fans/etc. call the model?

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

"Two thousand two", or "oh-two". In my house, everyone lowers their voice and says with reverence, "THE car".

Roger

'72 Malaga

My wife refers to it as "the mistress"...
Yup, that’s what happens when you own an 02’. My wife feels the same way. I always hear, “what are you working on now”?
I just call it the 02'
Me too, ^^^obviously....

Most of the time I just call them 02s. When I say the full name it's "two-thousand-two", though a big part of that is that it leads to a who's on first routine people when you say "I've got a BMW two-thousand-two".

My wife calls my tii "The old car".

No offense, but only newbies say 20-oh-2. Show that you are part of the affliction and proudly say '02. When you say 2002, the dummies in the room think that you mean a BMW built for the 2002 model year.... Don't bother with that. Show us pix of your '02 then, OK?

Best situation is to have the Mistress & the Wife know of each other, then they will each assume you are spending time with the other, leaving you free to spend undisturbed time working on the car!

I'd call it two-thousand two, or (phonetically) O2 (not zed two)

My wife called it "the dumb old car" and used to threaten to bury me in it until she found out what the tii is worth. Now I'm getting a wood casket and she sells the car and goes on a world cruise. I suppose it doesn't matter what you call it if you have the disease.

When we are about to leave the house and I fire up the 2002 (two thousand two, thats what I call it), Nora simply states: "oh, where taking evil?"

Larry

My 16hundred or 1600-02 or 16ohhh2 or 02 generally goes by "Thunderbucket". Then everyone knows what we're talking about.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.