Jimbosocal

Help! Need bolt size!

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm hoping you folks can help me with my dilemma. While taking my car apart for paint prep, I have lost the 4 hex head bolts that hold the long tube to the inside of the hood (the one that has the hinge connected to it). I have tried other bolts to see if they fit, but the thread pattern seems to be different. I've looked at the parts catalog for Mobile traditions, but all they say is its an M6 x 16. Can someone PLEASE tell me the size of these bolts, so I can get my hood back on my car?

Thanks a million!

Jim

there are 2 versions and i cant say for certain when the change took place. i have all new panels on my car and mine took a sheet metal type thread. where as the old hardware was m6 bolts. i know this doesnt help you much except to explain you may need to look for the equivalent diameter in a sheet metal screw type fastener

I'm not sure what else you need. M6 x 16 is the bolt size. FYI M6 bolts are the ones that have a 10mm head, and 16 means it's 16mm long. Should be available anywhere that has metric bolts for sale. If that doesn't work try going to a auto repair shop and see if they'll sell you some.

Bob Napier

M6x16x?? He also needs the pitch.

I think my car took the body bolts which are sheet metal type screws.

However, I helped David Bowen, aka OTIS, take his hood off and it had the darnedest hood attachment and it used some version of M6 bolts. I will get some pictures when the hood goes back on.