Sign in to follow this  
8bit

Muscle beach :)

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

With the recession and the falling value of currencies some are investing in classic muscle cars. Which pony or muscle cars have you always wanted, but never had the chance of owning. I like the look of the Maverick Grabber, it's a Maverick with 302 V8 Grrrr...lol. :)

71grabbertimes.jpg

FirebirdBanditonTransAm.jpg

6.6 liter V8 Boid

Check out www.gatewayclassiccars.com

Lynard Skynard you tube video with the 1969 Dodge Dart.

Tim.

i was partial to the Plymouth 'Volare'

loved the musical,

i'm sure the car was every bit as good.

yuuuummmmy!!!!!

Jerry,

My oldest brother is a classic/muscle car Plymouth-Dodge nut. He had his share of Roadrunners, etc..

Tim

many prior 2002's and a couple NK's

ford.jpg102_0017.jpg

My 65 Ford Fairlane 500. So far it has a 302 and the org rebuildable 289 hipo from the car. 4 wheel disc brakes, 8 inch rear end. and some very cool wheels. I just bought new carpet and interior stuff. Headliner and dash cap very soon.

Paint in the future dark/light silver tutone or Alpine white with Ford Blue racing stripes ala Mustang.

Andy,

That is cool! my next younger brother had a Ford Falcon in the late 1970's. Gotta go to some car shows this summer, they are actually starting already, "cruise -ins" some are called. A restaurant/bar a few blocks from my house has them lined up on summer nights, some real beauties.

Tim.

Muscle cars go fast but don't handle and brake well (without modifications/upgrades).

My dad owned a '69 Dodge Dart with small-block V8 and auto trans that would really fly. Too bad it was sideswiped by a cab driver in downtown D.C.

'67-'69 Camaros are unbelievably expensive now. GM/Goodmark (IIRC) is now offering brand new '69 Camaro bodyshells.

Pick up a copy of Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine and salivate.

A Volare Sport package (in bright red with white stripes) with all sorts of wings and things just wasn't my thing. I recall that horrible song, along with Ricardo Montalban's famous "rich, corinthean leather" TV ad for the Chrysler Cordoba. Other than the bright yellow '69 Dart (with long black stripe down the upper flanks), my family has never owned a "muscle car".

I don't think a '64 Mercury Comet (I-6 engine IIRC) qualifies...my parents used to call it the "Vomit" because it always died right in the middle of heavy traffic here in Northern VA. After many trips to see the dealer, a friendly mechanic in their hometown of Maysville, NC diagnosed the problem as vapor lock. The factory fuel line to the mechanical pump was located too close to the exhaust manifold. A simple re-routing of the line fixed it for good.

My two all-time favorite musclecars are:

'69 Camaro Z/28 in black with white center stripes, 302 V8, Muncie 4-speed & Rallye wheels (2nd choice would be green with white stripes)

'67 Mustang Fastback in black with small block V8 and 4-speed trans.

Back in the 70's I used to have a Dodge Demon 340. It was an Inka-ish orange with black stripes and vinyl roof. That car was quick, although it didn't stop or handle worth a damn.

I like the current Pro Touring/Resto Mod cars, which have updated suspension and brakes, in addition to a hot engine and nice cosmetics.

These Resto Mod 'Vettes were being shown at The Mitty last week:

ATL4-29067.jpg

ATL4-29068.jpg

ATL4-29069.jpg

ATL4-29070.jpg

ATL4-29071.jpg

hehehehe!

A Volare Sport package (in bright red with white stripes) with all sorts of wings and things just wasn't my thing. I recall that horrible song, along with Ricardo Montalban's famous "rich, corinthean leather" TV ad for the Chrysler Cordoba. Other than the bright yellow '69 Dart (with long black stripe down the upper flanks), my family has never owned a "muscle car".

I don't think a '64 Mercury Comet (I-6 engine IIRC) qualifies...my parents used to call it the "Vomit" because it always died right in the middle of heavy traffic here in Northern VA. After many trips to see the dealer, a friendly mechanic in their hometown of Maysville, NC diagnosed the problem as vapor lock. The factory fuel line to the mechanical pump was located too close to the exhaust manifold. A simple re-routing of the line fixed it for good.

My two all-time favorite musclecars are:

'69 Camaro Z/28 in black with white center stripes, 302 V8, Muncie 4-speed & Rallye wheels (2nd choice would be green with white stripes)

'67 Mustang Fastback in black with small block V8 and 4-speed trans.

As an aussie, have a soft spot for the 70's falcons and stuff

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

camaros do give me a semi chub as well - there was a 68? I saw for sale in norwich NY about a week of so for 7500 bucks, but needed a lot of work. But still an awesome shape. Actually, have to unload the camera, was at watkins glen opening day a couple weeks back and saw a couple hundred vettes. must get pics!

anyhoo - bob jane camaro -

image021.jpg

genuine ZL1, one of 69 made with all alloy 427.

more pics of said ZL1

DSC01186-s.jpg

DSC01187-s.jpg

DSC01194-s.jpg

DSC01201Medium.jpg

DSC01202Medium.jpg

image023.jpg

image024.jpg

image025.jpg

image026.jpg

Having seen vanishing point a few years ago, I have to say a 1970 challenger really does it for me.One of them with a 440 or a 426, thankyou.

There was one for sale (1973 tho) for sale, clean car from texas with a 318 here in norwich for 11k a week or so ago.

droooooooooooooool