• Upcoming Events

dubois

Rear seat delete pictures and progress

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

So, my wife asked me: are you not going to Brisbane this year? Since Bacchus is still apart and the day was getting near, she assumed I couldn't get it back together in time... assumed wrong my dear. I may even take Buddy with me too!

Thanks Esty for being a source of inspiration for the interior.

Found the carpet at Home Depot, the backing is rubber and the ends don't come apart at the edges! Even those are wrapped under and I have been able to use the carpet edges on visible parts. (click on picture to expand)

post-154-13667605273872_thumb.jpg

post-154-13667605276412_thumb.jpg

post-154-13667605278656_thumb.jpg

Found the carpet at Home Depot, the backing is rubber and the ends don't come apart at the edges! Even those are wrapped under and I have been able to use the carpet edges on visible parts. (click on picture to expand)

glad to see someone willing to give it a shot and DIY with fantastic results....

walmart also sells area rugs (or they did the last time i look'd)...4x6' iirc that i used to experiment with making a trunk carpet set...inexpensive & available in several 02 colors which has a true rubber (skid resistant) backing that's very flexible which makes carpeting those shock towers very easy (inside the car or in the trunk)

good work

The rubber backing is a great idea because it also reduces noise.

W. B.

Looks good and I'm working on the same project right now. So far only have the templates rough cut, and still need to be fine-tuned.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.