penth2o

door brake hassle

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

This bums me out....

The bracket on the A pillar for the door brake came loose. it is still connected but pops when the door is opened. This has no way of repairing it without cutting through the side wall from what I can see.

Anyone have this prob. Can I just tack it from the outside hopeing it will hold for years till a restore.

Thanks guys.

Yep, sure can...I did this repair in 95 and it is still going strong. A tack on the top and bottom tabs.

Earl

74 02 Lux

72 Volvo 1800ES

02 M Roadster

Thanks Earl & Bill.

Earl, That 1800 has to look nice.

Bill, I have to remember about that section. I went to the FAQ's like second nature but keep forgetting the under construction.

I did a quick search but didn't want to rifle through 78 pages of brake questions that didn't apply. I don't mind rifling through pages as you start reading a lot more than you went there for but not now.

Thanks again for the help guys.

I really like that section. I think it should be filled. It stops a lot of repetitive questions and is informative all the way around. It is the first place I hit before I ask a stupid question. If I can't find it in there then I take the chance of somebody ripping me a new one out here.

I don't know Steve but give em the rights Steve.

Thats nice Earl.

My neighbor down the beach has a 63 1800s coupe. I have always liked the lines on these cars. Further down the other guy has a 57 pv444 that is in the garage all its life and froze. Still has nice everything. Won't sell. I keep waiting for him to kick the bucket as the kids from Chicago will take over the house and wing it for the hauling.