Turb02

offest question, I know, search. I did

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I didnt find the info I was looking for.

How would a wheel with the offset of ~5 inches look on the 2002's?

Im looking at a set of 15X7's and the pictures I have seen of them (tires mounted) had backspacing of ~5 5/8. A closer picture of the measurement from lip of rim to top of tire was 5/8's, which would put the backspacing at ~5 inches, right? IE's tech article says the 02 works best with 4.75 in of back spacing.

The catch is, I wanna flare my car in one way or another (not decided on the flare yet) and want to know if this back spacing will fill up a flare (other than the pig cheeks or alpina's)

Will they stick out past the metal enough to need flared or whould I look elsewhere for wheels?

with 5" backspace you will have interference between the wheel and the strut in front and the shock in the rear. 4.5" is the biggest ofseat you shoudl be running. Don;t forget to include tire flex under load in your calculations. My new set of wheels will have 4" backspacing. i'll post pictures nonce they arrive.

steve k.

So basically what I want is a 15x8 setup that will completely fill turbo flares. The htn rennsports are nice but pricey. OG San's are nice and the width is there but I don't know the offset. ET0 is what I've heard will fill the turbo flares but I don't know where to look for nice wheels with this offset.

Thoughts

One of the best sources I've found for small, wide wheels is vwvortex. Some are overpriced (ok, most) but every now and then you can find a decent deal.

Miata forums sometimes have good wheels too, but they have a smaller centerbore than we do, so either find some that they're using with hubcentric rings, or be prepared to have them machined out (lots of wheel refinishing shops can do that)