• Upcoming Events

Sign in to follow this  
2002Monster

Finally....traced it back to faulty ignition switch

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've been posting recently about an ignition wiring problem that I've been having with my 1974 2002 (non-tii). The MSD was not working...no spark....where to put the remote/sitched wire....blah blah blah...

So I took the ignition switch out to test it and compare to others I have....

Checked the impedance from the red/30 prongs to the 50 prong while in the cranking position....good...checked the impedance from the red/30 prongs to the green prongs while cranking.......NOTHING!!!!!...but in the run position....good...

So I checked several other ignition switches I had, and all of the had checked good from the red/30 prongs to the green prongs while cranking....

So I put a different ignition switch in, and placed the remote wire onto the #12 fuse....set up the volt meter.....0V on the off position, 12V while in the run/zxillary position, and 12V while cranking!!! EUREKA!!!!!!

Now I just need to get it started.....after I put everything back together....and I'm going to check the grounds and everything....thanks DaveR.

02Monster

Glad you finally found the problem, Mike! Now go ahead and start that baby. Let us know how it goes.

It just won't start now....I'm going to wait until my wife gets home and I'll get her to sit in the driver's seat and crank it while I spray starting fluid into the carb and adjust the dizzy.

Its such a great feeling to be soooooo close to starting it after 6 years and never ever driven it.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Great to see you got it solved!!

Dave

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this