Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

I think I figured it out, to bad I have to wait until Friday

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

leftrearoutsidesmall.jpg

URL: http://www.classicautosalvage.com/~lfloden/

to test it. I've been going over the wiring diagram Glenn sent me and pictures I took after I disconnected most of the wiring and looking at the layout of the fuse box and think I have it figured out.

For some reason the Haynes manual has the fuel pump for the tii coming off #11 but that is the head lights. Looking at the wiring diagram I should be able to put the fuel pump on #3 or #4 since that has the ON wires coming from the ignition to them.

Speaking of ignition switches.....I wonder if I even have it right? I'll post pictures tonight. I know I have the red and the green wires right and I think the violet, but the black I'm not sure about. According to the diagram there should be a black and a grey. Black goes to the starter, grey goes to the plug connection for the low beam switch, I have a black and a black/white.

I thinking about doing a colored drawing of the wiring and the fuse box to make it easier for everyone in the future.

Oh and where in the world do you get the fuses for our cars, AdvanceAuto Parts doesn't carry them, the guy there said Radio Shack?

Lars

Guest Anonymous

Pick up a VW Trends magazine; or if you're in California, odds are you have a VW Beetle shop nearby. My local shop is Jordan's. Beetle shops have those pointy fuses.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Not one of the discount chains (though they sometimes have them), someplace like "Bob's auto parts" or something- they should have them- probably been on the shelf for a couple of years. ALSO- I've been using the glass fuses that fit- with the pointed ends- they seem to be alot more reliable than the plastic/ceramic fuses with the strip of metal on them. I think I got them at Autozone a couple of years ago.

Bret.