• Upcoming Events

Meintii

Can somebody lend a hand??? GA/ATL area! (will pay)

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey guys-

As most of you know, I've been attempting to get my transmission installed back into the ol tii, and am having many difficulties.

I've come to the conclusion that I need some body that has done this kind of thing to help me out at home (my dad works 70+ hours a week and is never avail).

I will pay you what ever you require (with in reason) to help me get my car back on the road before it gets too hot to drive again. I need help ASAP.

Please contact me via email for directions or to follow up.

Thanks for all you guys do!!

-Zac

There's a guy named Tim Ng down there. He's an e30 M3 guy and posts on s14.net See if you can find him. He's pretty knowledgeable and has other models. Join BMWCCA and you'll find lots of help from good guys in your local chapter.

I dont know jack about trannys, but could lend a hand i guess.

Let me know,

Chris

752dbl02@gmail.com

Well, Im not rebuilding the tranny or anything like that, I'm just going to be mounting it back up the engine, then bleeding the clutch and brakes, along with reconnecting to drive shaft.

Do you know where chateau elan up 85 north is? Im about 5 minutes from there.

When do you think you may be able to drive out here? Sunday?

Thanks

zac

zac, i would offer to help but with a newborn, time is limitted. trannies aren't that hard, just need lot of muscle which u'll get with help (btw, i'm a small guy so i wouldn't be much help anyway).

fred

If you are that close to Chateau Elan, you are that close to Bobby Thrash's Strictly German shop. He still likes to work on the older cars, and he's always been way more than reasonable with me. When my E30 M3 lost a couple of header bolts on the way to Road Atlanta, I limped it to his shop at closing time on a Friday - he tossed me the keys to one of his cars and told me to come back Sat. evening - Car was fixed, my weekend was saved, and he charged me $50. If Bobby can't help, maybe he can point you to someone else in your area that can.

David in Nashville

Come on by Carma Motorsports. We do lots of older BMW work. Just did a head for a guy that got stuck up here from FL last week. Check out our web page and give me a ring. We can get you in and out fast. I also have a lot of 02 parts if you need anything

Alex

www.carmamotorsports.com

404 237 1001

Alex, I'm pretty sure Zac's tii is immobile right now, unless he wants to have it towed... And if you do, I would say Carma would be a good place to take it though.

Sent you an email Zac. Soonest I can make it up there would be Saturday morning.

Zac,

I might be able to make it up there on Sunday morning.

Is strictly german open on sundays?

Chris

Thanks for all the replies so far guys! I still don't anything set in stone with anybody yet FYI. Chris- stricklty german is not open Sundays only weekdays and 9-12. Saturdays. And as of right now Sunday morning is the best day for me by far. Let me know !

Thanks agian!

Sounds good for Sunday. We will see how the week plays out.

Harrison, are you gonna come up there too?

Chris

Do you know where chateau elan up 85 north is? Im about 5 minutes from there.

zac

Ahh, Chateau Elan. Where the elite motorsports owners can relax while their crew members are busy readying their cars for a Road Atlanta race. Just kidding..

I wandered thru Bobby Thrash's place a while back on a GA business trip. I think he had some 700's under the pine trees (an Isetta was inside).

Sure, I'll probably be by around 10-10:30.

Need me to bring any tools?

alright sounds good. I might be a bit later than that; I'm gonna stop off in Norcross to look at an e30.

I will shoot you an email zac for a cell #.

Chris

Sure, I'll probably be by around 10-10:30.

Need me to bring any tools?

Yes Harrison if you have a tranny jack or a hydrolic jack that you could bring that would be great. Also what ever you'd use to bleed the clutch/brakes would be good too.

Do you still have my cell number> 678-22*-37**?

Do you need those directions agian?

What do you liek to eat for lunch and how much would you like to be paid?

(chris check your email)

One more thing... Did you get the exhaust manifold back from jet-hot?

If you are driving the 02 I might stroke out.. lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.