Sign in to follow this  
slmorissette

Engine Shakes roughly at Idle

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

CD,

Yes I have new plugs, (NGK) I run Crane xr700, and a Crane ls 92 coil. I was told by someone that the coil may be too hot and causing troubles. Think i'm going back to the Bosch Blue. What do you think.?

Valves, I checked them for loooseness from the head shop found 3 that had large gaps, checked the rest. I need to do a full valve adjustment, and set them all to .006 to .008 correct??

My assumption was If I had more vacuumm issues, my reading would be lower and alot more unstable. I hope the head wasn't messed up in the shop, had alot of issues with these people... UGH!

Thanks again for everyone's help

Shawn

I did this test this evening actually. Found a fowled plug on #2. Changed the plugs all around. I have a question. The spacers provided with plugs; are they nessesary? I installed them without the spacer, seems to smoke a little more now. Wondering if they are truly needed? Any input?

Also I changed the plugs and my vacuum changed, dropped to 16-18, from 20.

Thanks for everyones help!

SLM

I did this test this evening actually. Found a fowled plug on #2. Changed the plugs all around. I have a question. The spacers provided with plugs; are they nessesary? I installed them without the spacer, seems to smoke a little more now. Wondering if they are truly needed? Any input?

Also I changed the plugs and my vacuum changed, dropped to 16-18, from 20.

Thanks for everyones help!

SLM

Spacers???Those are washers. Yes, you need them.