• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Took the turbo out yesterday

JackF

First start/drive since Nov. It has been covered all winter. It was like unwrapping a present. Trimmed up the battery for a half hour while looking everything else over, being careful not to get tied up in the assorted mouse traps I had set under, around and in the car. Everything was tight and right so we were off for a nice shakedown cruise. Matt and his guys just did a great job. I can't believe how straight this thing is. You forget in almost 6 mos what these cars are to drive. I find this on the 72 as well as the turbo. Spring is good!

Can't wait to read the article in the mag Bill, but the current issue is not on the stands at this point.

I am slammed at work at this point, especially for the month of May. At this point I figure I will have two days off in the month. As well, I'm trying to finish the remodel of the master bath and bedroom at the house. It has turned into an epic, but is nearing completion. Business is okay, but I am really paying attention and so will not be at V@V. I'm going to make Pittsburgh though.

I spoke with Matt on Friday and offered the Turbo to him if he wanted to take it down, so if it comes together I'd appreciate it if you'd take it for a drive.

As always, my best to Ruth and the boys!

We get to drive most of the time around here. Cannot wait to see that turbo in person Its been almost 5 years since we last saw it (below at Delaware Water Gap on the way to Lime Rock in 04) Hope you can make Pittsburgh That would be cool

PS Stop working so hard, you are making the rest of us look bad :)

Photobucket

for many of us.

Vintage is a great event, one of the best 2002 events on the east coast. I am looking forward to it. However, the Pittsburgh event is bringing some folks together that don't venture that far south. It should be fun.

Ruth and I are at the the Greentree Radison as well as several other 2002 owners. We arrive Friday and leave Sunday. Hope Keitha makes it with you! There is a move to get those coming from the south and east for lunch on Friday at the Nemocolin Resort. Plans are still coming together. Please join us if the plans do work out but I realize that it is out of the way. But for a turbo, and especially your turbo, nothing is really "out of the way".

I was bringing the yellow car but I was encouraged to take the touring up. That should be fun!

Thanks for the offer to drive the turbo, but as we discussed last time you made the offer, just can't do that. I love the right seat.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

are there special rates at the Radison for the PVGP? Any special code for reservations? Wanna pass on to our group in case others want to stay there.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Yes there are special rates. I think you tell the reservationist who you are with. BMW09 is the discount reservation code.

There are directions on the PVGP web-site accommodations. I will look it up.

http://www.pvgp.org/674698122011510/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&c=52925

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Hi Jack

I am very impressed how fun these Turbos really are to drive through the twisties.Every time I drive mine it puts a big smile on my face,once I am up on Boost My Turbo has been apart for about 3 months having some Spot Paint work done. Trying to match 39 year old paint is a bitch.I am getting it ready for "The Quail" again this year.It was accepted again as they are celebrating 30 years of BMW MotorSports.I don't know how you guys on the East Coast can go 5 or 6 months without driving your cars.I guess you really don't have a choice with the salt and other elements.

Jack could you EMail me at mpgandco@sbcglobal.net.I would like to talk to you again about the Garret Turbo set up you have.

Thanks Mike

1974 3.5 CSI {Possibly last car to come to the US}/ Jade Green/ Saddle Leather /Cover Car 1992 Roundel Magazine Numerous Awards/ Owned 35 Years

1973 TII  Matching #,s  Verona Red/Black

Just a reminder that there is a discount registration package available through April 30th for the PVGP. The Weekend Special includes the Friday Nemacolin/Falling Water tour, a Friday night reception and the Sat/Sun activities in Schenley Park (special parking, nice lunches, parade lap, etc.) We also have a Thursday, July 16th, covered bridges tour for e30 and earlier vintage cars.

There are already 45 rooms reserved at the Radisson. In addition to the 2002 guys, the vintage and classic club is staying there. ph. 800-333-3333. BMW09 - $99 a night from July 15-19. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questons.

We would love to see the Turbo run on the tours!

Eric Zagrocki

Allegheny Chapter

2009 PVGP MOY Co-Chairman

Just a reminder that there is a discount registration package available through April 30th for the PVGP. The Weekend Special includes the Friday Nemacolin/Falling Water tour, a Friday night reception and the Sat/Sun activities in Schenley Park (special parking, nice lunches, parade lap, etc.) We also have a Thursday, July 16th, covered bridges tour for e30 and earlier vintage cars.

There are already 45 rooms reserved at the Radisson. In addition to the 2002 guys, the vintage and classic club is staying there. ph. 800-333-3333. BMW09 - $99 a night from July 15-19. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questons.

We would love to see the Turbo run on the tours!

Eric Zagrocki

Allegheny Chapter

2009 PVGP MOY Co-Chairman