• Upcoming Events

randerson

MidAmerica02FestIX next weekend!!!

29 posts in this topic Last Reply

Bo Black is hosting the MidAmerica 02 Fest IX next weekend in Eureka

Springs, Arkansas. If you are within a days drive of the event you should try to get there. It is going to be the great and the largest one yet.

There are going to be some great cars there from as far away as Gods Country, the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota. And another group of cars from the state of North Carolina home of college basketballs national champions.

Bo always puts on a great event and this one promises to be great!

Looking forward to seeing every one.

Randy Anderson

Bo Black is hosting the MidAmerica 02 Fest IX next weekend in Eureka

Springs, Arkansas. If you are within a days drive of the event you should try to get there. It is going to be the great and the largest one yet.

There are going to be some great cars there from as far away as Gods Country, the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota. And another group of cars from the state of North Carolina home of college basketballs national champions.

Bo always puts on a great event and this one promises to be great!

Looking forward to seeing every one.

Randy Anderson

Those of us from Fl. never get any press! Leaving tomorrow for Atlanta, then on to Nashville and Ky. on Thusday to meet up with the NC boys. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Plus a bunch of younger folks too See you in a few days, cant wait to see that new paint job and those new bumpers

Photobucket

Friends of the 02s

Photobucket

im ready and looking forward to a couple days of driving after the long cold winter. i just have to decide on what wheels to wear and im all set

Hey Blunt,

What's the route. I'll be in Chicago at Ben's Thursday for a full on. Visit a Nephew Thursday night so Friday could be had for enjoying Ben's handy work.

You know me. Impulsive as hell. Instead of heading North back to Northern Michigan I may just hit this. It looks like it is about 10 hours or so from Chicago. Is there a site for all the details. I found a forum about the fest but have not had time to look.

Is this one and the one out in NC the two bigger ones. Windy city fest was fun but I'd hate to travel all the way to AR to sit in a parking lot and fry on the hot tar. I can't take the heat like that. Chicago was brutal for me last year.

Anything else around the area for playing touristo.

Hey Blunt,

What's the route. I'll be in Chicago at Ben's Thursday for a full on. Visit a Nephew Thursday night so Friday could be had for enjoying Ben's handy work.

You know me. Impulsive as hell. Instead of heading North back to Northern Michigan I may just hit this. It looks like it is about 10 hours or so from Chicago. Is there a site for all the details. I found a forum about the fest but have not had time to look.

Is this one and the one out in NC the two bigger ones. Windy city fest was fun but I'd hate to travel all the way to AR to sit in a parking lot and fry on the hot tar. I can't take the heat like that. Chicago was brutal for me last year.

Anything else around the area for playing touristo.

this is my first time attending but i hear rave reviews and the southern boys put on a great event. im heading out of gods country with matt to meet up with fritz in des moines and then on to kansas city to meet up with Keith and company. leave bens and come to my house. its crazy but id do it. you can stay in the servants quarters thursday night and we will leave early friday

www.midamerica02fest.com

EDIT.. in looking at the map it would be nuts for you to come here but you could shoot across and meet us early friday in des moines iowa where we are meeting fritz. it would add a few miles to your trip but would be fun. if you could keep up that is. i could drive in 4th if it would help

I was gonna say WTF?

I'd be better off taking the car ferry across Lake Michigan.

Servants quarters? You rat Bastard you'll probably have me cleaning house too. :}

Ok, let me look at some maps. I hate planning.

Keep up? Hey I kept up at the last fest with a untuned Tii. After Ben works his magic I should be good to go.

Remember the tourtise & the hare.

You should come. Fun starts Friday night at checkin, then dinner. Sat am Bo has us driving around the beautiful springtime Ozarks on some fun roads, then back to Eureka Springs for a big lunch Then a car show (yep its in a parking lot) but we have a good time criticizing each other's cars. Then we eat again, probably in eclectic downtown Eureka Springs then back to the evenings festivities in the hotel's big room which typically includes movies, boring speakers and Bo's killer trivia contest. Oh and of course there are the great door prizes that are donated by many of the vendors that support our habit!

1200 mile each way trip for a lot of us so you know its a fun time otherwise we would be doing it for the third year in a row.

But all of this is nothing compared to the great folks you will meet.

And the cars. Stella, Bo's beauty, Chris' Jade Road Warrior and of courese Andy's Arkansas Pickemuptruck

Plus some of us have never seen the Bluntmobile so we are all excited about that too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sounds great Mike.

You guys will have a hayday criticizing mine. I have done nothing to it since I got it but drive it. Thats all I plan on doing with it till the restore.

This looks like a great time. Thats what it's all about. Good folks. I met a lot of great people down there.

Bonus, Southern boys eat all day. My kind of show. Nothing wrong with parking lot shows I just can't take the heat. The Chicago one was brutally hot and the big parking lot intensified it.

Ok, I'll quit whinning now. It will be nice to put a face to these screen names.

Hey Blunt, You bringing the big olf? That will slow you down. Big ol sack of lead in the pass. seat.

I'll start checking out maps.

Thanks guys.

Sounds great Mike.

You guys will have a hayday criticizing mine. I have done nothing to it since I got it but drive it. Thats all I plan on doing with it till the restore.

This looks like a great time. Thats what it's all about. Good folks. I met a lot of great people down there.

Bonus, Southern boys eat all day. My kind of show. Nothing wrong with parking lot shows I just can't take the heat. The Chicago one was brutally hot and the big parking lot intensified it.

Ok, I'll quit whinning now. It will be nice to put a face to these screen names.

Hey Blunt, You bringing the big olf? That will slow you down. Big ol sack of lead in the pass. seat.

I'll start checking out maps.

Thanks guys.

no, the 250lb ogre leaned into the back seat and bent the seat frame on one of my scheels last trip so he is banned from my car until further notice.

Well the touring is packed and the 'True Friends' sticker transfered to the touring for the trip out. Leaving in the morning headed to Damascus VA to see my daughter, then Wed will hook up with Sam Adams for our "Touring of the Valleys of Western Va" up to Clifton Forge to hook up with Aubrey and Rob. Then Thu am we head our and will meet up with the rest of the NC gang (including Scott in his touring) and the Florida folks in KY. Then on Friday we will head across the Ozarks of Missouri and Ark ala last years run on into Eureka Springs.

Hope everyone has a good trip in and we shall see everyone Friday afternoon at the car wash!

Photobucket

Bo will have the parking lot roped off and hoses and buckets and such. You will have to scrub hard to get them Minnesota 'skeeters' off that pretty Colorado paint. Cannot wait to see that car in person!!!!!!!

Drive safely

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.