• Upcoming Events

2002Monster

Headlights and Fuses #9, 10 and 11 --> Questions

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Okay, so I've looked through the search and found that for 1974, the headlights do not come on when the key is out of the ignition....you can pull the switch and only the parking lights come on....perfect....

Okay, so when I turn the key, fuses #9, 10 and 11 should be electrified/hot and I should be able to get a voltage on my voltmeter by touching the prongs on the fuse and to the ground......

I get nothing on fuses 9, 10 or 11 when the key is turned to "run"...

My headlights do not work and all of the relays are new....I pull the switch and I can hear the relay click, but no headlights....

I'm also not getting any voltage to my +ve side of the coil....

Please understand that I hand assembled the whole car, and I put everything back together.....

The only conclusion I can draw is that I quite possibly could have mixed up the multiple wires that go the steering column and connect to the ignition switch....but I used a surrogate ignition switch to make sure I was putting the wires back correctly.

When the battery is connected and the key is out of the ignition, the red chargin light is illuminated....when I turn the key to the first position, the red charging light goes out....when I turn the key to the next position, the horn, wipers, cluster lights, gas gauge, heater blower, etc, work correctly....then I can turn the key once more and the engine turns over....

The car doesn't start, and while everything is on, I check fuse #9, 10 and 11, and there is no voltage....

Would anybody like to take a nice trip to the great state of Michigan and help me fix my electrical gremlins? or better yet, provide me with a picture/schematic of the ignition switch prongs and what wire goes where?

Thanks....sorry for being such a long post.

02Monster

Guest Anonymous

Looks like you have two wires switched. Term 15 should have the green wires, term R should have a black wire.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.