• Upcoming Events

craaaazzy

How would the interior look w/o a headliner?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

hey guys,

the car i've purchased has some tears/rips on the headliner. since i'm not replacing the front/rear glass yet, how would the interior look with no headliner?

fred

Ok, So you don't want to spend the dough to replace the headliner...yet.

I understand, I had a shop quote $650.00 to replace mine because of the window removal issue.

I talked to a friend that mfg backpacks and bags. He said, and this makes good sense, that while you save your money for the proper install and replacement, just have a sewing shop sew the appropriate rod tunnels in to a piece of fabric and tuck the edges into the weatherstrip.

Then he told me about a guy that did this to his VW Bug, he had used spandex with pics of girls in bikinis on it, he said it looked awesome for about $50.00.

Just an idea.

Good luck.

uuuuuugggggggllllleeeeeeee....

well, actually, if you don't have a sunroof, you could spray- adhesive

some of that foam- backed material onto it for maybe $100.

That's how my Mitsubishi was from the factory.

It wasn't PRETTY, but it wasn't the end of the world, either.

t

i tore my headliner out of my 69 because it was trashed. i too, didnt want to pull the windows yet. it looks crappy but so what. the rest of the car has tons of patina. its 100% mechanical but not aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. just drive and enjoy till you decide to pull the windows.

Not having a headliner is ugly. Just wait until it rains and you can't hear because of all the pinging on the roof.

Installing a new one gives you a chance to install sound deadening panels. That's what I did on my VW. Much quieter!

post-8235-13667605196585_thumb.jpg

thanks for the opinions. i guess i'll just leave it as is for now until i can be able to do it appropriately.

have a good vinyl shop print you a 6x4' section of vinyl with blue skies and clouds on it then go to town. just an idea

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.