• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I didn't lie to my wife when I promised I wouldn't "buy

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I still keeping my word. Technically I didn't "buy" another 02, but this guy "offered" it to me and then I felt so moved with emotion that I "offered" him to paint his 1990 s-10 pickup. This is not considered lying, right? Well the car is 76 with a bad head gasket, perfect Recaro seats front and back, perfect dash, door trim panels and center console, 15 alloy wheels and who knows what else... Quaife is going to get a new interior!!! The 76 will be running and on E-bay sans goodies in 3 months... no lie

Guest Anonymous

I made so many "fortunate discoveries" and "good deals" related to mu Bimmer addiction that she now scrutinizes my every 02-related move ;-)

Also, after 23 years of living with an '02 freak, she has a pretty good idea of what everything is worth.

Guest Anonymous

There's a big difference between buying a car and buying a little bitty batch of parts. And it's very convenient to purchase parts that are stored as an assembly, rather than loose in boxes.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

"I'm holding it for a friend, his wife is not as understanding as you, honey."

"I would have bought the nice one, but that would have left me no money to buy you this" (hand her box w/ CZ earrings)

"It's not a car, it's a planter for the garden" (Right, Ratt?)

Guest Anonymous

I remember the ONE AND ONLY TIME my beloved was actually turned on by my working on cars, and getting all greasy. This was about 4 years ago.

She no longer shaves the truth or lies about how much she spends at Target, or shoe shopping. I've come clean with MY car expenses...so she figures anything goes - right?

The last car I bouthg while she was out of town - and I simply explained that it was SUCH a good deal, it would have simply been IRRESPONSIBLE for me NOT to have purchased it!

....so far...so good. Honesty has worked well so far! ;-)

Paul

Maximill...

Guest Anonymous

wanted bilstein sports for my '71 for a while. in the meantime scored a nice e28 535i for my wife. told her the bumpy ride was due to the cheap kyb shocks(may or may not be true)

hey presto, bilsteins for both!!!!

word to the wise-

rj

: )