Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Spark Plug Question

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Hi all, been a long time as i have been unable to start my engine for about 5 months now, but it finally started on the weekend.

I had the roadside assistance come and try to start my car. They couldn't start it, but one thing they did was to narrow the plug gap to about .3mm, the guy said my plugs may not be hot enough, anyway after he left i tinkered with the timing & webbers, and she started. I opened the plugs back up to 0.7mm and tried to start her when cold, & she wouldn't.

So my question is what plugs should i be using, I have bosch super RO 471, also how do i know what is a hotter plug.

here are my motor details, fresh rebuild, 45 webbers, 290 cam 9:1 compression.

Thanks for advice

Richard

Guest Anonymous

I have w7dc, the link suggests if you have a modified engine go for a colder plug? w7dc or w6dc

Maybe my gap is too big, but i am using crane xr3000 so i understood that you could open the gap up a bit as the spark intensity was increased.

Any thoughts.

Guest Anonymous

This is what Carl Nelson recommended when he built my engine. It's got stock cam, 9.5:1 pistons, tii exhaust manifold and distrib with Pertronix, 38/38 Weber, and, at 30K miles, runs great with these plugs. Get about 13K to a set, and at BAP they're less than $6 a set.