Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Why does my car make so many noises? is it haunted?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

1) When i start up in these cold mornings I hear a random squeek squeek from the engine (m20). But it goes away after about 3 minutes of running in idle. Could it be alt bearing, water pump going, or just a loose fan belt? (which i tightened about 3 weeks ago)

2) When driving theres a loud howl from about 20mph and it gets higher in pitch but quieter as i accelerate. It sounds very much like wind noise. Its definately not the heater fan, and i dont have a roof rack. Could it be air passing through a seam in the metal somewhere in the engine compartment even at those low speeds? (I did cut out the rad support for the m20) Its bloody annoying but i cant think of what it could be coming from.

3) A ticking noise comes from the trunk but im pretty sure its the wires tapping against the fuel tank.

4) The car also creaks alot when decelerating and a little while acceling. Would new rubber solve that or what?

My friend suggested that there might be a coyote and a chicken in my engine compartment (the chicken shuts up because the coyote ate it). And a time bomb in my trunk. hmmm

Guest Anonymous

400_installed_2_sm.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/store/ramflo_weber.html

The houling could be wind. if any of the door seals are old, they would make that noise. Also due to the car having airdynamic qualities of a brick, at higher spped it will generate wind noise in a lot of places.

Squeeks and creeks are hard to find, but possible. Just takes patience.

steve

Guest Anonymous

& two 10" subs. That does the trick, but then i cant hear firetrucks until they're big shiny bumpers are up my arse.

Guest Anonymous

'cos after mine died--it started making the banshee noises at around 20-25 or so mph...

Graham