Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Dude, is deano beano the luckiest FAQer of them all???

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

t-shirt_flag.gif

Did his $800 02 come with not only good-condition OG tii alloys AND a close-ratio five speed tranny (spare, out of the car)?? He says it looks exactly like the four speed (including slave position) but it just has that extra 3.5" section at the rear of the tranny. Can anyone who has a CR box tell us whether its a CR or not? Keith? TIA!!

-Rob (crossing his fingers)

p.s. dean should be posting a pic of the tranny soon...

Guest Anonymous

tranny1.JPG

slave is not the same as four speed. here is the pic of the two trannies:

Guest Anonymous

I got the 5er in the trunk of the car. I stuck it in the storage trailer when I got it home and forgot about it. When I took the 4spd out of the parts car and put it next to it, I noticed they looked the same, only with the extra part of the casing for the 5th gear or however that works. I never really looked them over that closely cus I thought it was just your advrage ol 5spd. So I'm telling rob about it in chat and he starts freaking out thinking it may be a CR and he get's me all excited.. I run out to the trailer in the dark, tripping over things, with the digi cam to take pics, then I run back to the house half frozen and start uploading them to show Rob. When we had a look at the pics, it was pretty easy to tell that what I have is nothing special. Sorry to waist all this banwith! (more sorry it didn't turn out to be a CR tranny.. x_x)

br

Guest Anonymous

If you _had_ found a CR 5-speed, odds are it would have been worn out and required a rebuild. Think you could find some of those parts these days? Not practical.

Mike