Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

beating a dead horse/tire choices/185-60-13 tires on lowered

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

nov-1.jpg

I need tires, and see tirerack is having a closeout sale on this size Yoko AVS. The problem is, my car has been lowered by PO, I would guess 2". My current 175/70/13 tires barely clear the fender edges. According to my calculations, the 185/60 tire would be about 11mm shorter in height than the 175/70. So how do y'all think I would fare with this tire? It is hard for me to visualize when and how tire rub would occur with this setup. What about the size in general? Good or poor choice? AFAIK, stock supension, except springs.

Guest Anonymous

i was running that tire on late model steelies with no problem. lowered with h&r springs, for a claimed 1.25".

they replaced e21 turbines with 185/70-13 which rubbed constantly. steelies et29, turbines et18 for 7/16" out toward the fender lip.

hth

robert

Guest Anonymous

I've got 185-60-13 on the front, lowered aprox 1.5" and running 320is wheels -I've got acres of clearance. However you will significantly shorten you final drive ratio.. a 3.64 becomes 3.90, 3.90 is almost 4.20 compared to stock size