Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Part of my slightly skewed view of the world...

50 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

tiisnow.jpg

Job + house + wife + 2 kids + cat = no time for toys. :(

Its December and time to look back on the year and reflect...

My 2002tii calendar of events for '02:

* June - comes out of winter storage (snow has been gone for months!)

* slightly later in June - brief outing where k-fisch belt gives out

* July though October - sitting in driveway :(

* November - k-fisch belt gets replaced

* slightly later in November - 1st (and possibly last) trip to gas station this year!

* December - sitting in driveway covered with snow

So much for this being the year of the 2002 for me. So many plans, so little time... maybe next year.

Karl

'73 tii

Guest Anonymous

At least I made it to Ofest, just not in an '02.

P.S. I had k-fish belt that looked your's too.

Martin

'73tii

Guest Anonymous

uh what's the word...

PRIORITIES!

I guarantee that when the day comes where I have a kid, the cars will suffer mightily. I'm barely making ends meet these days, too!

I just might be able to drop those seats off for you, Karl. I need to know whereabouts you're located in Ohio, though...

Marty

Guest Anonymous

Job+house+wife+2 boys+a dog = tired

February 02 - 02-02-02 Spartanburg, SC to be a part of one of the largest gathering of 02s

March 02 - Had motor rebuilt and painted engine bay

April 02-put car back together

May 02 - Mid-Atlantik 02 Fest

June 02 - Historic Races Watkins Glenn, Ny

July 02 - Octoberfest - Keystone CO

August - Made "adjustments" resulting from trip to CO

September - 02 Fest East - Limerock CT

October 02 - First Mid-Atlantik fall drive

November 02 - wish I could make the Dayton trip

Thx to everyone who organized these events.

It truely was the year of the 2002 for me, and the best part....the people!

Guest Anonymous

Karl, pretty ho-hum for me..job, house, and dog!! and believe me, the dog ( 7 and a half year old chocolate labrador)is babied, Marty will vouch for me here! I close on my house next week., then the real fun starts!!

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

'89 Corolla ( collecting slush, roadsalt, etc..)

Guest Anonymous

Although I've driven my '02 a total of about 20 miles so far this year (job+wife+kids+three daily driver Bimmers{no pets, though)), it has been a great year because of all the great '02 enthusiasts I've been able to meet, both here in the island and at the other side of the pond at the 020202 event.I consider myself fortunate to have such a large group of friends!

Hopefully I'll be able to add at least 100 miles to my '02 total before the end of the year.

Guest Anonymous

My 14 year old son and I spend quite a bit of time together messin' around with cars. I love it!

Guest Anonymous

It used to be priority = cars. Now its priority = kids. Most days it just seems like they run my life (at least my 4 year old take charge daughter). But I'm thankful that we can live as well as we do and everyone's healthy.

Seats - wohoo! Let's see... those would be for the car that hasn't budged from the garage all year... hmmm, not a priority I guess. ;) Are you making a trip out this way? 02 nuts are always welcome!

I'm in west central Ohio in Yellow Springs, near Dayton. We're about 10 minutes south of I-70 just after you go through Springfield. I'd be happy to send you detailed directions if you want them.

Karl

Guest Anonymous

My 4 year old daughter likes going for rides in the tii and my 11 month old son is curious about EVERYTHING, so there's hope.

Karl

Guest Anonymous

My son is due Friday!!! Whoohoooo!!! I am not sure I can fit all three in the back of the 02 though:( I hope to have the 02 for them when they are older!

Guest Anonymous

year, then i got repainted so I drive it only a couples of times a week. went to a couple of meetings this year and to the big one the west fest, now seating waiting to do some seal powder coating and brake likes. wife ,job,2 kinds, two no brand dogs, a a few motorcycles. One which i take roadracing. so enjoy what you can, because you never now when the end might come.

Guest Anonymous

My year was not quite what I planned either. Wife, 2 boys at home, daughter on her own, 2 dogs, new house, looking for a new contract, and both grandparents passing away this summer really limited my "leisure" time, so I didn't get to drive the '02 much until fall. We had a pretty nice fall, so I drove it as much as I could until I tucked her away for the winter.

I am already longing for spring, so I can get the '02 back home.

Don

Guest Anonymous

Congrats on your son! Oooo... three in the back would be tight, especially with a carseat.

An 1800 or 2000 would give you a little more room, better access to the back seat and a much bigger trunk. An E3/Bavaria would give you a lot more room and a useful trunk and they are great road cars.

Karl

'73 2002tii

'65 1800ti

ex-'71 2500