• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 2002 with S14 Conversion $18k obo in Baltimore

junkyard_sal

Most of you probably know this car. AndyS got it with the motor and finished her off. I got her last summer and loved her but my wife hated her and well I have had a few days at the local tracks with her and it is time for her to move on to another home that will love her.

I will take offers before she goes to eBay.

Here are the details of the car

Car started life as a 1973 2002…

Engine: adjustable cam gears updated chain tensor, DTM carbon fiber air box and alpha-N from John in Germany (S14Power)

New Ireland engineering AL Turbo radiator with override fan to keep the S14 at optimal temp.

Recent valve adjustment. Car pulls hard, metric mechanic 60-80 3rd gear test at 3 seconds (actually just under).

Driveline: 320 OD five speed with a 3.90 LSD and Summers Bros. billet stub axles

Chassis: adjustable camber and caster in the front and adjustable

camber in the rear, Ireland Engineering short lever arm 22mm hollow

sway bars, custom front strut bar, urethane engine mounts, rear shock

tower brace, battery relocated to the rear shock tower brace, Ray's

Engineering wheels and new Bridgestone RE01-R rubber (No winter rubber), H&R springs, Bilstein dampers, bigger vented four wheel discs w/ braided stainless

Body: all trim and side markers shaved, flat Euro turn signals, early

bumpers, fenders rolled, custom carbon fiber hood and trunk retaining

all stock mounting points, latches and hardware H4 headlight

conversion BMW E30 Recaros, all new upholstery, German wool carpet and

headliner E30 M3 lighted rearview mirror. Headlight switch is a bit

finicky but the lights work, high and low beams.

Momo Steering wheel

All new VDO gauges and an Innovate Motorsport wide band O2 monitor

(wide band is currently not working need to trace the bug) installed

in a custom Parker Performance leather console. To cap it off, a high

end sound system 2000 watts of Exile amps, powering a Kenwood

KDC-MP735U with full Ipod control. Custom component pods were layed up

for the front and a 'glass speaker enclosure with four eight inch

Exile subs was installed under the rear seat base keeping the added

weight centered so as not to increase polar rotational mass. Full

sound deadening was also added. Full alarm with keyless locking

installed.

She has some minor body parking lot kisses but she is sound and rust free (There is one surface chip that should probably be paint matched sooner rather than later).

Photos the previous owner took. I can take more but the weather in MD has sucked lately and there is still salt on all of the roads. Rain, Rain please come and clean our roads.

http://picasaweb.google.com/carl.coscia/M2#

It is funny a guy I know 2 weeks ago sent me a request to uy the 7.5x13 Revolution wheels.She was 128whp in 1700lb."nimble"fun.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Hi Carl.

As the PO of this sweet M2 I was just a bit disturbed to learn that she was up for sale. I believe our agreement was that should you ever want to sell the car you were to offer it to me first. Not only did you not do that, you did not even give me a heads up as to the sale. Another issue is that it would have been nice to ask me if it were o.k. to use my pictures or link to my albums in your for sale add. As you can tell, I'm not super pleased with your behaviour.

On another note, Whom ever buys this M2 is getting a sweet deal, provided the car is in the same condition as when I sold it to Carl.

The CF air box and AN really turned it in to even more of a beast.

I added about 6k in a well thought out high end sound system and did my best to keep the added weight in front of the rear axle.

Carl, the only reason your selling it is because your wife does not like it? Wow, I'd just take another car when the two of you went out together...

How did you do with it at the track? How hard did you run it? Any problems show up?

Rich

'88 RC-31

Hello Rich,

Let's talk. I thought you were over seas. Of course if you want her back she is yours. I apologize for any action that has upset you and will gladly pull the photos until the weather clears here in MD.

There are some other reasons for the sale that I would prefer not to go into on the board. She was a monster at the track. No issues what so ever, no brake fade, no oil pressure or temp issues...... Two days of semi-private track time with a Porsche driving school instructor that is also a buddy. He really made the car sing and loved the suspension set up. We never really ran her long enough at any one stint to call it pushing hard. We just did what S14s want to do, run. I have probably put less than 2K miles on her and that includes the drive from Tampa to Baltimore.

I am a very straight forward seller. Not looking to make money or deceive people in any way. I think you know that. But I understand your displeasure since I failed to check your interest level.

I will give you a call. Just left you a VM, I am flying to the west coast today

Carl