Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Bleeding order requested...

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

My useless Haynes manual doesn't list the bleeding order of the brake system. Merely refers me to "Chapter 5" which only describes bleeding the clutch cylinder but no order given relating to brake system.

I'm assuming: Right rear, Left rear, right front (outside upper, inside upper, inside lower), clutch cylinder, left front (outside upper, inside upper, inside lower).

Is this correct? Am I missing anything?...

Here in Monterey: 68F, sunny, blue skies, dry as a bone...Hwy 1 awaits my new rear end and SS brake lines...life's good. That's what I'm Thankful for...

TIA-

-s

Guest Anonymous

I repeat this as a Mantra to myself anytime I do brakes...might make for a neat tattoo, also.

Paul

MAximill...

Guest Anonymous

I use a pressure bleeder and never had any 'hidden' problems after using it. I have installed SS lines and (I think) used your sequence...

I'd highly recommend an Eezibleeder if you don't have a pressure bleeder. I got mine from an outfit called "Autoexperts" or the like out of Florida.

Good luck

Kevin (in sunny Seattle, but from Monterey... :-)

Guest Anonymous

While I was waiting for confirmation of bleeding order my pedal pushing partner has skipped out on me...next time I'll put him to work sorting small screws and fasteners while I wait...

thanks again for the help, and this is the day I finally order my pressure bleeder...

-s

Guest Anonymous

t-shirt_flag.gif

nobody who does their own work should be without one. :)

-Rob (uses Motive PB)

Guest Anonymous

I just got one but sucks air from the threads of the bleeder nipple instead of fluid. I tried not to open the nipple too much but it still wants to suck air instead of fluid (no pun intended). I also tried sealing the threads with a little grease but it still sucks air. Barely any fluid makes it into the can. Any suggestions?

Guest Anonymous

Just a mantra...?

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Oh, yeah, Happy thanksgiving to all. Ireland, she ain't got none.

Boo Ireland.

Sam

Guest Anonymous

t-shirt_flag.gif

from the main reservoir, not suck air out. not sure how that version would work!? Where did you get it?

-Rob