Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

325i sounds

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Hi all. I just picked up a 2002 325i. Have a '94 318is that I'm selling. I'm getting use to the new engine noise compared to the old ride. There is one noise though that I was just wondering if it is normal. It's kind of a higher pitched whistling type sound that is heard best while on the ground in front of the rear right tire area. It's a constant sound that all most sounds like a tire air leak, but I know that isn't it. It may be totally normal, but I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what it might be. Sorry if I can't be more technical. I'm trying to learn the car buff terms. Thanks for your help.

Chad

Guest Anonymous

I'll bet you secretly _like_ power steering and electric windows. ;->

Guest Anonymous

200211273550187248918954.jpg

Gonna put it in my 02, right after the suspension and brakes are done.

Guest Anonymous

And that twincam 4 in your 318is is sweet. I'd take it over that old 6-banger anyday. Much more elegant.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

You're right, that M42/M44 is great. True successor to the M10. I've been wondering what kind of power you could get out of one if you really pushed it. If I ever buy a newer BMW, it will be a 4-banger Z3. My wife has the '91 318is, which despite being a bit heavier than the 2002, is a really fun ride. She took it up to Thunderhill Raceway for a track day, and managed to blow off a 2.5 liter Boxster.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I have a 2002 325i to go with my 1976 2002 and I do not have any noises at all.Take it to the dealer.