Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

high idle revving webers?!!

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I am having trouble with my dual sidedraft weber set up. The engine seams to be revving very high at idle even with the choke off-about 2-3000rpm. I am running a electric fuel pump mounted to the fire wall and a Holley fuel pressure regulator. I’ve leaned all the idling jets to ½ back off of the full screwed in setting, as well as backing off the throttle position completely. Last night I adjusted the floats and made sure they weren’t stuck after the years of being stored. What else should I look at? Would timing be making it rev really high? I need to do that still.

Guest Anonymous

High idle--you said the car's been sitting--didja check the accelerator linkage? Bet it's sticking somewhere. To check for sure, disconnect carbs from linkage and see if the idle returns to normal.

Tach--if you still have a conventional ignition (i.e. points and coil) the tach is driven off a wire that goes to the low tension side of the distributor. On most cars I've seen it's black. If it works a little and then stops, chances are the tach itself is OK and the problem's the wiring/connectors. Clean terminal at distrib--it gets corroded, then make sure you have tight connections elsewhere in the circuit, and wiggle the fuse that controls the tach. Tach draws very little current, so a small amount of dirt/corrosion will cause problems.

Cheers

Mike