Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Speaker location

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

While the interior is out I'll be installing a stereo. PO had cut the back deck so I'm going to drop in a set of 6x9 MB Q's. Question is, would additional speakers under the rear seat thru the metal facing be of any use? If so, what kind, size, etc. I can fabricate a stainless or aluminum low profile cage to cover and protect the speaker (not that anyone rides in the back) What do you think?

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://66.142.60.89/~lfloden/

My 75 had 5 1/4s, one on each side. If you get really good kickers you can really feel in the front seats. My new 74 shell was also from here and has the holes cut, so I'll be putting them down there again.

If you are putting 3 way 6x9 in you really only need to 2 way 5 1/4 at the most for done there. Of course there is room to put 3 on each side, so it's up to you.

Guest Anonymous

I’d make sure I had very strong speakers up front before messing with additional speakers in back - then still probably wouldn't. You don't want all the music to sound like it's coming from behind you. Ideally the rear speakers should “fill in” the fronts. Those six-by-nines do the job just fine (I have the same ones). For fronts, I love my mb quart reference competition components. I chose to put them in the doors (the number of “original” parts on my car is dwindling anyway) but making some kick panels would be the way to go.

Dewar