Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Pictures are up, wiring harness and brake removal

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

enginebaypullingwiring.jpg

URL: http://66.142.60.89/~lfloden/

The pictures are 1024x768 so they are still fairly big, but not the 1600x1200 they were last week.

I have also added a future BMWs section that has spy shots and photos of new bimmers coming in the next couple of years.

switchunderdash.jpg

This is a switch that connected to two green wires that is on the piece that goes under the steering column (of course you knew that). Anyway, I have no idea what it goes to. I guess I'll have to trace out the wires to see where they go. Intial guess is that it is for the fuel pump.

I'm hoping to test fire the car Thanksgiving weekend.

Guest Anonymous

weirding_module_1.jpg

My friend that I am working on the '68 1600 project with is very ambitions. We immediately scrapped the existing harness, and he designed his own from scratch. He's using modern fuse blocks and lots of relay circuitry. I stuck a lable on his relay board that says "weirding module." I'm trying to talk him into writing an FAQ on the subject.

Guest Anonymous

I have a 67 1600 that I converted from 6v. I still use the old harness and, am currently (no pun intended) looking for a short in the 6th fuse. I cant get my low beams to work correctly and since the car is in need of a paint job, new windshield, door seals, interior, lynx single sidedraft ect., I was thinking I could use a new design for the electrical system too. Suggestions would be honored and, appreciated. The friends project 1600 just looks so bitchin kool!

right now I drive this car everyday as a beater. the kids always remind me how broken it is. It does look pretty sad.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://66.142.60.89/~lfloden/

that not everyone will need. Did you guys redo the entire thing, front to back?

I know enough about electronic and electricity to do this, but don't know where to start. Like where do you get the new fuse box? And what place carries the many different colors of wires?

Guest Anonymous

when to turn on. That alien probe is now glued onto the radiator. I'm skeptical how well the glue will work, but we'll see. Rick and I bought the car togeather for $300. Our plan is to build it into a rally car, so we haven't been at all concerned with keeping it original, especially the circuits and controls on the inside. Our beast is pictured on page 18 of the poll. There will be an additional fuse block on the inside of the car, plus extra switches for rally lights, etc. Rick has been documenting his circuitry with lots of cool PowerPoint diagrams. I think we'll stick it in the FAQ when it's done and we can verify that it actually works. We're getting close to starting the car, but it's a long ways away from being a driver.

Guest Anonymous

including the electric cooling fan. The spools of colored wire are kind of expensive. They have cooler fuse block stuff in the Summit Racing catalog, but it costs more too. We haven't torn out the tail-light wiring yet...maybe we will still use that... We scrapped every bit of the wiring in the engine bay, headlights, and dash, and those nasty old fuse blocks.

Guest Anonymous

and the Miata. The amazing thing is that Rick's favorite car is that E30 M3. He says it's the most fun car he has ever owned, which says alot, given the Ferrari in the garage and some of his previous sheet metal (MGs, Triumphs, Jags, anotehr Ferrari). I have a heavily modified suspension on my Miata for track and autocross. I though it's handling was pretty hot shit until I drove Rick's stock M3. That thing is amazing.

Guest Anonymous

This is the perfect oportunity to mount all the

electrics inside the car.