• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just wanted to say thanks to the freakin awesome 2002 crew

BradleyD

Thanks all. I have been lookin at 2002 tii's for about a year now. About 6 months ago, I posted the pictures of a golf '74 tii asking for your opinions. I received a ton of good advice. It came in really handy, (although its taken about 6 months to negotiate the deal), but I finally took the car home last Friday. I looked at a bunch of different cars and just came back to this one. Now that I actually have a car, I'll be a lot more active on the site. I'm a newbie who still needs a lot of help on taking care of one of these. I smile every time I get in it though. Didn't I read that in a old BMW ad? Thanks again. Here are a few pics.

post-12133-13667598797442_thumb.jpg

post-12133-13667598798982_thumb.jpg

post-12133-13667598800517_thumb.jpg

post-12133-13667598801791_thumb.jpg

1974 BMW 2002tii

1983 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

2004 Triumph Bonneville Black

I do love my '83 911 Cab. The two cars are totally different beasts. Am I alone in my thought here? I realize its like going to the Democratic national convention and telling people I like both sides. Just deal with me. I seriously can't smile though since I got my tii. All of my wifes friends think the 2002 is cuter if that means anything.

1974 BMW 2002tii

As far as I know. I found about $15000 worth or receipts from when the P.O. restored it between '88-91. There wasn't any carpet receipts in them, but I guess that doesn't mean all that much. Unfortunately, after the P.O. restored the car he passed away. The car has been sitting in his German repair shop since. Back in March I was in the shop getting the chain tensioner upgrade done on the Porsche and I asked in passing if he ever gets any tii's in. He took me to the back room and there it was. It hadn't been drivin since 1991. A lot of the past six months has been getting the car back up to speed. It needed a bunch of stuff like brakes, spark plugs, rotors, oh... and a rebuilt fuel injection pump. Yikes!!!

Cool story though, the P.O. talked his wife into buying the car from the 1st owner back in 1984. She was looking at buying a Honda, but he talked her into buying the BMW since he worked on german cars. She didn't like the car because of the color. She thought it was a little too loud! Anyways, he talked her into buying the car and she drove it to work from Lodi to Sacramento for a few years. Once they started having kids, he decided to get her something else because he figured the car would get hammered by all the kiddos. Thats when he started pumping the money into it. One of the last times he ever drove it was to a car show in Sacramento. The prize from the show was in the trunk. It was a Napa Auto Parts Woody Car model.

1974 BMW 2002tii

Cool story!

Who re-did the pump?

Take some pics with the hood open!

Cheers,

Ray

As far as I know. I found about $15000 worth or receipts from when the P.O. restored it between '88-91. There wasn't any carpet receipts in them, but I guess that doesn't mean all that much. Unfortunately, after the P.O. restored the car he passed away. The car has been sitting in his German repair shop since. Back in March I was in the shop getting the chain tensioner upgrade done on the Porsche and I asked in passing if he ever gets any tii's in. He took me to the back room and there it was. It hadn't been drivin since 1991. A lot of the past six months has been getting the car back up to speed. It needed a bunch of stuff like brakes, spark plugs, rotors, oh... and a rebuilt fuel injection pump. Yikes!!!

Cool story though, the P.O. talked his wife into buying the car from the 1st owner back in 1984. She was looking at buying a Honda, but he talked her into buying the BMW since he worked on german cars. She didn't like the car because of the color. She thought it was a little too loud! Anyways, he talked her into buying the car and she drove it to work from Lodi to Sacramento for a few years. Once they started having kids, he decided to get her something else because he figured the car would get hammered by all the kiddos. Thats when he started pumping the money into it. One of the last times he ever drove it was to a car show in Sacramento. The prize from the show was in the trunk. It was a Napa Auto Parts Woody Car model.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Welcome Brad - now sell that lump in the garage,

and lets investigate your tii 's Gettiyap Ride

height suspension settings???. You'll need ==PORSCHE==

Cash to sort this new toy out.

Give us some close up photos under the hood, please.

t_img_1388_869.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

.....ah yes - The Money Shot !

bring it over to my house tonight and

I'll extract those "SHIPPING-SPACERS"

on top of your front struts, and adjust your front Toe,

in 20 minutes.

t_img_1396_814.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

one a 72 and this a 74, that have the orange plug on the passenger's side on top of the valve cover.

What is that?

Both have the test port with the orange cover on the drivers side too.

Very nice car!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

one a 72 and this a 74, that have the orange plug on the passenger's side on top of the valve cover.

What is that?

Both have the test port with the orange cover on the drivers side too.

Very nice car!

Diagnostic connector.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793