• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

offsets again

bingbong

So I would like to know if the wheels of 15x6.5 with a +20 offset and 15x7.5 with +13 offset would fit a 2002?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

So I would like to know if the wheels of 15x6.5 with a +20 offset and 15x7.5 with +13 offset would fit a 2002?

Given that it is generally regarded that 15x7 wheels 25p offset fits with rolled guards, I'd say 15x6.5" wheels (12.5mm narrower) with a +20 offset (5mm less offset, i.e. towards the guard) probably would fit with a bit of rolling. The caveat would be the tyre width and individual vagaries on these old cars.

15x7.5 with +13 offset = no chance without flares or extensive guard reshaping.

Steering would be certainly heavier, although I'd check on CD's credentials in understanding the Australian classic car values before worrying about resale values. :)

David

4bdcfba4.jpg

1- yeah, probably with smaller tires and maybe some lip- rolling

(different from eye- rolling, y'know)

and maybe some inner fender/ inner nose lip contact.

2- sure- with turbo flares and smaller tires.

n.b.- you mean 20 mm INSET, right? +20 offset makes me think that

the wheel's OUTSET into the fender, which would be unusual....

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Well I'm not too fused on how heavy the steering is but serious, handling can only get better as the wheels on the car at the moment are all buckled and dented. The tyres are about 5 yrs old so they have all hardened up and I'm not wasting money on new tyres when the wheels aren't in good shape. I am finding it very hard to find wheels in Australia with the right offset thus why I am asking these questions. I will have to find some 15x7s in correct offset.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp