• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paging Vince in Illinios I think

penth2o

Was that a Glas originally or a BMW GT ? I think I'll just keep my Glas as a Glas. I sold the other Glas body to Terry Sather and he is going to turn it into a BMW historic car I believe.

Glas 1300

85 635csi

74 Tii

71 '02

3.0 cs race car

81 320i race car

81 320i Daily Driver

81 R100

66 Alfa Giulia

Jon

Mine is a Glas 1700 GT originally When I got the car it did not have engine, rad hood supports, etc Back in the 70s someone had sort of turned it into a 1600 GT clone, I am just completing the process. I will make the car a little more zippier when I tear it down This is just to see how the little car rides, since I have never been in one

I know Terry and we have been in touch I thought I had bought the 1600 GT in Chicago but the guy backed out of the deal right before I was heading to Chicago But glad that Terry got it I am sure he and his guys will do something awesome with it

Would love to see your GT some time A bunch of us are probably coming down to the Mitty in April so maybe we can hook up then

Vince probably isn't looking for a Glas any more. I've been wanting to buy another one since I left CA in 2000. Having been screwed out of the 1600GT despite making a deal with the flaky seller before Terry came into the picture (and Terry later told me the seller said I was trying to buy it), then going to the seller with more money than Terry offered while the seller was still wondering if Terry was sending a check and still not getting the car was bad enough. I told Terry at Oktoberfest that I was still very interested in buying the car from him Then Jon Erwin sent me pics of the car he was selling, and I wanted to buy it, and he never got back to me.

They're great little cars, and if a 1600GT project came along, it would be hard to turn down, but I have plenty of other interesting projects that don't have such unpleasantness attached to them.

vince

Sorry to hear that. It is never pleasant when it comes to money and friends.

Are you the Vince I met at Ben's during the windy city fest. Do you have a green 02. If you are, it was nice to meet you. I was suppose to drive with you guys to the Glen but my car puked in Ohio.

I was talking to Blunt when you seen a T 34 across the road. He said you would take a pic for me as I wanted to see if it was the one for sale in Griffen Ohio.

Do you have a email add. I will keep an eye out for another Glas. I thought you had one and this one I mentioned was for parts as it was missing quite a few rare parts.

Joel.

penth2o_2@charter.net

Dont think mine will be finished by april but I will be looking for you at the Mitty and I'll bring some pictures. Sorry Vince I had already sold the Glas to Terry when you emailed me. As soon as he saw the pictures he bought it. Our car addiction is suppose to be fun right?

Glas 1300

85 635csi

74 Tii

71 '02

3.0 cs race car

81 320i race car

81 320i Daily Driver

81 R100

66 Alfa Giulia

Hi Jon,

Just to set the record straight, your first email to me said:

This isnt the Vince who was looking for Glas 1300 body parts is it? If so give me a call.

Jon Erwin

The second email with pictures said:

Vince,

A guy named Terry Fayater from texas is trying to buy this thing as well. Hope all is well, did you happen to find "Crusty"?

Jon

My reply regarding the car said:

Are there any other parts included with the car, or is everything in the pictures? Any thoughts on what you want to get for the car?

You never replied to that or any other emails about the Glas.

So, if you sold it to Terry, it sure didn't sound like a deal was done when you sent me the pictures. Natch, you could have gotten more for it from me than Terry. I was hoping to buy the shell, then convince Terry to sell me the car once he saw how rusty it was.

Yep, this addiction is fun when I can deal honestly and straightforward with people. Good luck finding Crusty and buying the Yella Dawg back.

vince

correct your email was "are there any parts or just whats in the picture?" Terry's email was "I'll take it!" I dont do bidding wars so making more money was not the issue. My deal is first come first serve and Terry just said heck yeah.I'm really sorry Vince, it sounds like you were very excited about doing this project and if there is ever anything else I can help out with just let me know, I promise your first in line.

Glas 1300

85 635csi

74 Tii

71 '02

3.0 cs race car

81 320i race car

81 320i Daily Driver

81 R100

66 Alfa Giulia

Hi Jon,

When you first contacted me, nothing was said about Terry or anyone else being interested in the car. If they were, why contact me? I had the impression you offered it to me first, so to speak. I thought I made it really clear I wanted the car, since I had just missed buying the other one. We didn't talk about money. I didn't know what you wanted for the car, and didn't want to insult you by offering $500 if you were looking for $2000 and there were extra parts not pictured. I never heard back, and I never had a chance to turn it down. That's why I was surprised and disappointed that you instead chose to sell it to Terry.

Thanks anyway, and if anything does come up, I'll let you know.

vince