• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pittsburgh Grand Prix notice

BillWilliams

Message from the event coordinator of the Pittsburgh Grand Prix he asked me to post.

----------------------------------------

Greetings:

I am the Event Director for the Allegheny Chapter or the BMWCCA. The biggest event that we host each year is our picnic and show at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. In 2009, BMW will be the Marque or the Year for the PVGP. We are planning 10 days of BMW activities and there should be some special cars in attendance. Although we are still finalizing details, the events will include 2 weekends of vintage racing at BeaveRun and Schenley Park, 7 or more car shows, an HPDE at BeaveRun, probably a BMW autocross and a tour to Falling Water with lunch at the resort at Nemacolin and a whole lot more. In order to get the BMW community to save the date, I am hoping that you can put some preliminary information on your club's calendar to help us promote this event. We are trying to organize a full concours as part of the Schenley Park show. There are several NCC members who always attend this event and I spoke to several others at O'fest who want to come up next year. We are hoping to bring in 300 or more BMW cars to the event for 2009. The dates are July 10-19 with the Falling Water tour and Schenley Park vintage races occurring July 17 - 19. More information is available at www.alleghenybmwcca.org and www.pvgp.org.

We would like to invite all of your members to join us and hopefully the concours crowd will come out in force! Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any questions and if I need to contact someone else in the chapter, please let me know.

Best regards,

Eric Zagrocki

Event Coordinator and Marque of the Year Co-Chair

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

The event at Schnley Park is really a hoot. I've run the vintage races in the park twice. The local BMW Club puts on some spread!!! It is an event that shouldn't be missed. Unfortunately, if you race an 02 and want to run in the vintage GP, you must also run the weekend before at Beaver Run. That's fine if you live near by. There are five 02's here in North and South Carolina that would make the 10 hour tow if the'd relax the Beaver Run requirement.

Bob

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

Guest Anonymous

I am the Event Director for Allegheny Chapter and Co-Chair of the BMW MOY Events for the PVGP. Yes, the Schenley Weekend will be a hoot! We are looking for 350 cars at Schenley and hopefully, 150 2002s! Spread the word! We have events planned for the rest of the week as well!

I just read the comments about 2002 racers being required to run at BeaveRun prior to running at Schenley Park. I am not aware of any such requirements in prior years. For 2009, the BMW race at Schenley will definitely not require separate BeaveRun registration. Unlike BeaveRun, the Schenley race will be a PVGP event, not a CCA Club Race. We are seeking 35-40 2002's and other vintage and/or historically significant BMW race cars for the Schenley Park race group. Please keep an eye on www.pvgp.org. Within the next week or so, we should have a simple pre-application form posted seeking car information, driver history, etc. The race organizers have received a great amount of interest and want to provide for a safe and entertaining race group which also highlights BMW's history.

We are also looking for rare, unique and/or historically significant cars to feature in our special display of BMW history. If you have such a car, we would love to hear from you!

Thanks for the interest! We hope to see you in Pittsburgh in 2009!

Eric Zagrocki

ejzagro@aol.com

• 3 months later...

To particapate in this years Vintage BMW Exhibition Race you do not have to race at Beaverun. The race at Beaverun is a BMWCCA Club Racing Premier event and sactioned by BMWCCA Club Racing. The Schenley Park PVGP Vintage BMW Exhibition Race is not sactioned by BMWCCA.

For pictures of the 2008 BMW corral at the PVGP go to http://picasaweb.google.com/jjt.public.gallery/PVGPAlleghenyChapterBMWCCA2008#