• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove glass from interior mirror

alpinems

I've checked the forums but haven't found an answer.

I've got a good review mirror housing with cloudy glass. I have a spare one with the night/day mechanism broken but with perfect glass. I'd like to swap the good glass into the good frame. What's the trick for getting the glass out without breaking either?

- Cris 70 Euro 02 - resto pages

Alpine Motorsports

http://alpinemotorsports.blogspot.com/

Don't waste your time trying to replace "just the glass". Find a 3.0 bavaria mirror - swap necks - and install. Wider, safer, still clears the sun visors.

or...install a common used E30 mirror on your 2002 neck. Will interfere slightly with visors though.

If swapping necks - put entire ass'y in hot/boiling water - to soften up the socket before pulling apart. Practice on the one with disposable glass first! :-)

I'll NEVER go back to a tiny original 2002 mirror! Eeeeks! They're so tiny and anemic compared to the bavaria / E30 view you'll get!

Oh! - and keep writing that fun stuff on your web page!!! :-) Love it!

Paul Wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I used the Bavaria mirror, 2002 neck and 320 sun-visors.

He is at New Jersey Motorsports Park tonight and will run Thunderbolt Sunday and Monday. He started running with them on Easter Sunday and now is an "A" rider.

#42 Honda 600 RR copper and black

Taken at Summit Point on the Jefferson Circuit about three weeks ago

KIT_9890.jpg

KIT_5883.jpg

KIT_9882.jpg

This shot shows his new "A" sticker on Summit Main

KIT_4776.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Even simpler is to put the mirror out of an e21 into the stock location on the 02. Wider than stock, takes no modification and works with your visors.

Make it different... or just do it differently

Bill in Petaluma, CA

1969 1600 supercharged m20 in progress

1970 2002 RIP -- crashed then quartered

1971 2002 M20/02 RIP -- nothing but pieces now

1972 2002 gone, but not missed POS

gee Bill - I had no idea Evan was 'leaning' away from the 4-wheel

crowd ?!

Tell him for me Welcome To The Club,

and that the 'throttle works both ways'.

Creighton

me19Honda.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

and he is fast and good. He still has not had his first major low or high side. We will see how it goes then.

Yeah - all of us ride now. Nathan still has his hopped up Yamaha FZ1 and Ruth and ride our big and slow HD.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

That's pretty good progress with your guy. I'm still in B group, but I don't get to the track often enough with the bike to move up. I'm fast enough for I group, but that's because after car instructing for 10 years and racing for 8, I know the theory pretty good, but I'm a late comer to bikes, so don't have the mileage a lot of others do and still make mistakes.

Here's a pic at Jefferson too. That's a nice circuit. If you screw up a corner you get to do it again in 45 seconds :)

_JON4533.JPG

This year it seemed I was at the track racing the 944 every 2 or 3 weeks so I never did get to do a bike day. However since I stuffed the car into the wall in a rain race at the NASA championships a couple of weeks ago, some time may free up for the bike. The car is done for the season. I thought the '02 was going to be my winter project this year, but priorities change! At the very least, now I have more fodder for my web stories. Winning the championship? boring. Almost winning the champion but destroying the car on the last lap? Much more entertaining!

- Cris 70 Euro 02 - resto pages

Alpine Motorsports

http://alpinemotorsports.blogspot.com/