esty

FAQ Official Buyers and Sellers Feedback Thread!!

280 posts / 175657 viewsLast Reply

GOOD to GREAT EXPERIENCES: (PROMPT, AS ADVERTISED, ARRIVED IN GOOD CONDITION)

Eurotrash (Jason)

E. Kurek

Blunt (Steve)

KB73 (Kristian)

a54atii (Karl)

jim356 (Jim)

pj fricke

edit: Add Rob Hastings out in California. Thanks for the wheel.

add: jan in california via ebay.

Also robb lamaker in SC

BAD EXPERIENCE: (ebay)

Note to self: If an ebay seller will not answer an inquiry with more specific information and images, or merely says, "Hey, I've got over 900 positives!"-- run the other direction, no matter how interested you are in the parts.

jeremybd, an ebay-er who has posted on the FAQ in parts for sale, said a set of steel tii wheels were "straight an true". They weren't, which cost me an additional $106.00 from a local wheel expert. The wheels were not the set pictured in the auction (which is cool if somebody says "stock photo", but pretty uncool when the seller knows your questions are based upon the photos presented) One wheel (not photographed, but sent) was seriously pitted, to the point it's not worth restoring. He did not respond to my email on the issue after the auction. By then, he had another auction up for a set of tii wheels with the same image used in my auction.

About the only good thing I can say is that he sent the items promptly and well-packed. And I'm reminded to do business with reputable FAQers rather than auction sites.

Just wanted to put in a plug for Brad Thomas or "bcthomas122279" on the forum. Great guy, good response to emails, picked up parts at his house and he made me a great deal on some other stuff I hadn't even asked for! Honest guy and represents the spirit of the 2002 community...

I had a great exp... with Esty... thanks again!!!!

Scott B.

put it here folks...post your good and or bad experiences with buyers and sellers

if it were me posting, i'd try to make my point for the benefit of others while being as kind as civil as possible

i'd suggest that you try not to use the thread as a place to argue about the feedback left by others

(im de-capping this and making it a sticky, eventually will move it to one of the FS forums :) --Rob)

I am not attempting to create a argument with the seller as I see that as an ineffective (and unfortunately already attempted) way to settle a dispute, I feel I must however say that I was unhappy with the way a product was represented by kbmb02. I am not trying to ruin anbody's name as I do not know whether the item was intentionally misrepresented or not but if a future buyer wishes to recieve all communications between Me and him I would be happy to provide them for that person to make an impartial judgement on the situation.

The transparency of Connor Elkington's post here is obvious, and - I think - a sign of his youth. I, too, would be happy to share (off-line) the communication thread of our transaction, including where Connor threatened to 'tarnish my name' if I did not concede to his viewpoint and demand. Life teaches.

While here, let me offer a big thanks on this Memorial Day weekend to those who serve our country, and to those who have in the past. -Ken

Once again I'm pleased with the products (original Hella chrome-back 160's, E-code H4's and well constructed wiring harnesses) service, and very competative pricing.

THEY GIVE A 10% DISCOUNT IF YOU MENTION U R A FAQ MEMBER.

Recently purchased a wire harness that required some adaptation and Ray at Susquehanna confered with me, then emaild me a solution that didnt require removal from my completed loom. I highly recommend them.

Thanks Dave & Ray. www.rallylights.com

For the record, I made a purchase from Ken Blasko. The part was represented perfectly in his description and the photos that were provided. The part was packaged carefully to avoid any damage. The transaction went very well and I received my purchase quickly. Ken was helpful after the sale in response to my inquiry about the powder coating company he had used. - Larry

Re: Edward Kurek in Toronto..bought a pair of visors from him that were not quite up to what I thought that they were supposed to be. He refunded my $70 to paypal. Perhaps I misinterpreted the description, or whatever. I told him that was way more than I expected and sent him back $30. Very pleased at his honest manner of doing business. Thanks Edward. Dave V. in NC