• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAQ Official Buyers and Sellers Feedback Thread!!

esty

Since I'm sort of a newbie, I've had good experiences with Sherman Martinez and Dave Varco (Aardvark Racing). On the company side, I've been happy dealing with Maximillian, Pelican Parts, BMP, Bavarian Autosport and Autohaus AZ.

I left out two: Rob Torres @ 2002Haus and Carl Nelson of LaJolla Independant.

Steve (Blunt) has good reviews - his services may be next on my list for a passenger-side door seal and maybe some belt-line chrome trim.

I've bought stuff from all of the above except 2002Haus. I'm talking to Carl about some parts right now.

Blunt is the man. Awesome to deal with always!

Aric (asvander), Delia, Bob Kauffman (Tilux), Pierce Manifolds all great.

Bought a cam and some other stuff from Korman. They overcharged me, but once I called them, it was an easy fix. They upgraded me to titanium valve spring keepers for free too!

And - don't forget Mark Parker (Parker Performance). He's excellent too.

The only one I've had trouble with is 2002AD from an E-bay auction. They took 6 weeks to ship me a part once (I think it was the flywheel cover for an engine). I had to remind them a few times, and they were very hard to get a hold of.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

I have known Sherman Martinez for over a decade (maybe since 1989 even!) via phone, e mail, and fax. He is among the most knowledgeable, honest, and fair 2002ers you're likely to find. Anytime I've ever bought items from him - they are spotlessly CLEAN, exactly as described, and shipped quickly. I finally got to meet him in person at the 02.02.02 event in South Carolina - and without hesitation - I think we immediately gave each other a hug! (no kidding!) The man KNOWS 2002s.

I also need to give big time kudos to the fellas at IRELEND ENGINEERING. They make specialized products like no one else in the US. Offer ENDLESS technical support, advice, and service, with the items they sell, and with so few companies making competition parts, and well made - beautiful - hotrod bits for our cars - they deserve our business! I've installed and used several of their products - ALL were top notch, and perfectly made for the task.

Paul Wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I've sold many parts through this forum...never a bad experience...so far.

harrym2 in the UK is a "stand up" guy.

Forza is on top of his game as well.

The only bad experiences I've had were on Ebay (the EXTORTION site)...who were people who:

1) never pay= disappear

2) want me to ship HUGE/NON-SHIPPABLE items after bidding/buying a "pickup only" item(s).

3)Buy a BMW e30 .... then buy a Saab (on Ebay) 2 days later...tell me now they can't afford the e30...then leave me a fabricated negative feedback saying I called and threatened them or say I sold the car out from under them! These types of people are..

4) just plain idiots who should not own a PC nor reproduce their genepool!!!!

8-)

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

I bought some front hubs from Jonny foster . I received them sooner than expected and the parts are in very good condition. They were packaged very well and he went out of his way to send them as he doesnt usually post to the UK. He also overcharged me slightly in error for the postage and then told me he had done this and did I want it back? Hows that for honesty?! I will be going straight to him next time I want parts.....

Adrian

I have been very impressed every time I have done business with Ian Pringle. I highly recommend him and the parts he sells. Only once was there a problem with one of the used parts I purchased, and it was not obvious just looking at the part. He went over and above what was expected to make it right. Thanks Ian.

• 1 month later...

Simply, I found his communication poor, he was slow to deliver goods after payment and he did not keep his word; he then canceled the transaction to sell to another buyer. (I will say, however, that Pat was fair to refund my payment).

I got very sick shortly after this transaction begun. I stated in the FS thread that the item would be shipped from my work the next time they picked up - which happened to be today! Early this morning I got a demanding email in a tone I did not like so I just sent his money back. All of this occured after a week or so of him trying to dig up parts to barter - all the while I'm telling other people it's sold. Once he paid he became demanding and rude. I'd rather sell it to someone else! I was patient with him and he did not return the favor.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

jrkoupe

I bought a set of lights from Joel, excellent condition, better then described in the original post, very good communication through out the whole transaction, fast shipping, even to Canada.

For anyone elses information if you use a courier like UPS and declare the value of the goods $ 20.00 or less there are no broker fees or any duties.

I would not hesitate to buy from Joel again!!

Thanks

George

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I've had the pleasure of doing business with Steve Peterson (aka BLUNT), David Christman, Sherman Martinez, and Alaattin Erkanli. I've had great dealings with all three and would recommend them without hesitation to anybody. In addition, many others on this board, like Scott Sislane for example, have provided me with great information in time of need free of charge.

Without question, this site has proven to be an invaluable resource since picking up my first Zero-two last September. Thanks to all who make it so!

Cheers!

John B. Ellis

1973 Inka 2002 (b. February 7th, 1973)

Weber 40 DCOE

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently dealt with Scottie Sharpe and Susquehanna Motorsports.

Both provided good service, prompt response, and I was very satisifed with the products sent in a timely fashion and received in as-advertised condition.

Dave in Baltimore Maryland USA

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

Its been a pleasure to speak/work with...

Blunt, Esty, Dan Valega, Larry Ohlmann, Steve Lodefink, Ken Tyler, and many more who I can't think of.

Rob Torres and Terry Sayther have been great and easy to work with as well.

Only issues EVER have been with Mike Hannigan... Does anyone know what happened to him?

-Merek

'75 2002