oz_tom

"The Stance Thread"

1,330 posts / 3867799 viewsLast Reply

And I'm sorry if I forgot-your wheels had an ET of 12? Any fender rolling? I just love the way your car sits. How comfortable is it? DD?

Yup ET 12 7" wide, fenders slightly rolled in the rear, camber plates in the front. Ride is stiff, I'm used to it, but best suited for a weekend canyon carver.

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a set of Enkei 92's for my 72 2002. I really like the lower offset of the 8 inch wheels because of the deeper dish but I have heard thats a bit too much width for stock flares. I will be on Bilstein HDs and H&R lowering springs. Sooo I have a few options and need some help:

First would be to sadly get both 15x7 et38 with the smaller dish and have less trouble fitting after spacers.

Second would be to do a staggered setup and do 15x7 et38 up front and 15x8 et25 in the rear and get camber plates and spacers. Then I would roll my flares and with some tic tac-ing get them to fit.

Third would also be less liked. Cut up my car and weld on some smaller sized flares (alpina small flares or mk1 rabbit flares) and see if I could fit 15x8 et25 on front and back.

So these are the options I am considering. Ideally I would like to keep the stock flares but at the same time I really like the look of the et25 dish over the et38 dish. So with that, could anyone give me some advice? Different wheels? Small fender flares that look good? Would option 2 be possible with that suspension setup and rolled flares with some spacer and camber adjustment? All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Colby

Edited by Utah02

That's good news. Thanks, any pictures by chance? Sorry if you've already posted them.

15x8 et0 with turbo flares and extended lug nuts. Fits perfectly.

Pic is during the build process. Will post the finished look soon...

Looks great... what tire size?

Looks great... what tire size?

I am running 205/50/15. Here is the pic from yesterday when I finally got it off jack stands. I do need to lower the front slightly as the front is a bit higher than the rear. I'm going to try removing the spacer at the top of the front struts and hope it's enough.

post-49477-0-44857400-1455464260_thumb.j

post-49477-0-91276400-1455464274_thumb.j

post-49477-0-51013400-1455464305_thumb.j

I am running 205/50/15. Here is the pic from yesterday when I finally got it off jack stands. I do need to lower the front slightly as the front is a bit higher than the rear. I'm going to try removing the spacer at the top of the front struts and hope it's enough.

Thanks for the pics... the 205's look like they're going to fit nicely once you drop the nose a little. I'm looking at a set of TE37V right now.

Here is a more updated photo with the tires mounted. As you can see, the car needs a better (lower) set of springs to complete the look.

15x8 et0 with 205/50/15 tires and Ireland flares...

Here is a more updated photo with the tires mounted. As you can see, the car needs a better (lower) set of springs to complete the look.

15x8 et0 with 205/50/15 tires and Ireland flares...

(edited)

Here's my '76 when I first bought it, with stock original steel wheels (wish I'd kept them!) sporting 165/70 r13 michelins. PO had upgraded shocks to Bilstein HD and the springs are original. Spacers (added in late '73 I believe for U.S. bumper height clearance) had already been moved to top of the body, so this stance is "euro spec" for a stock '76.

post-33363-0-36675400-1457584879_thumb.j

post-33363-0-61885000-1457584917_thumb.j

post-33363-0-51643100-1457584939_thumb.j

Since these pics I've acquired a couple sets of alloys, and soon I'll be installing lowered springs but i'm yet undecided on which. Will post some before/after once I make the call and do the work!

Edited by otto

Just installed Ireland Engineering Stage 1 springs and Fixed Camber Plates over the weekend. Was running stock springs before the swap, and the photo with the red fence in the background shows the before stance.

I'm VERY happy with the handling and the stance. Greatly reduced body roll, getting improved lateral stick, and so far haven't gotten any rubbing on the front (which I experienced on any moderately aggressive corner previously).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg