• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

5 hours ago, vinceg14 said:

BTW. Your wide body, paint color and performance oriented suspension is awesome. One of my favorite modded 02.   

Thanks Vince, much appreciated! It should be fun on the track...it's a blast in the local canyons.

Mike

74 2002

On 2/13/2016 at 10:09 PM, Schwartzy said:

Vw mk2 gti 15" BBS rims with 195/50/15 tires. Still on stock suspension but hopefully that will change in the not to distant future.post-49302-0-71301200-1455430148_thumb.j

Where did you get the BMW center caps for these wheels?  

-

• 1 month later...

Looking into BBS RS Wheels and getting the right look. Now that I have just flicked through 43 pages, I have a couple of questions.

Everyone seems to get along with 15x7 et25 with lowered suspension and standard bodywork.

I'm looking at 15x6.5 ET38 and adding in 13mm spacers to send the wheels outward to appear like the et25's

First question, Is my logic above regarding spacers correct?

My second question is, can you really notice the dish difference between these 2 wheels? Deep dish's are cool and all but I have an opportunity to get the 6.5's at a good price so thinking I may go that way.

Eric, your calculation is off.  ET25 on a 7" wheel is NOT the same as et25 on a 6.5" wheel.  To get your wheel's outer edge to where a 7" ET25 wheel sits, you'd need a 19mm spacer.

Try an offset calculator: http://www.imadeskidmarks.com/cart/index.php?main_page=page&id=17

ET38 on a 6.5" wheel sounds like it's designed for FWD cars.

HTH,

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Need new tires. Current setup is 15x6 ET-27 Panasports with 195/50/15 Bridgestone S02 boots. Fender lips are rolled front and rear. I want something sticky, have a track day coming up and I'm more interested in performance than wear. My driving is 95% street, 5% track.

Question is stay with the 195 or go 205. Looking for recommendations on sizes and brands. Thanks. DSCN0116.JPG

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

In this picture, the '71 car had BFG Comp Sports? 205s in the rear and 195s in front.  The 205s and PanaSports would not clear the strut in front.  I now run 195 Yoko S-Drives all around.  The 205s rubbed, despite rolled fender lips; but my car is a bit lower than yours.  195s do not rub. When new, the S-Drives were pretty sticky, now they are about 3 years old and about 20,000 miles on them... not rolling into the throttle properly can break the rear loose pretty easily.  I would buy them again, though.

'71 B&W.jpg

Good looking Jade car... I like it.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

29 minutes ago, zinz said:

In this picture, the '71 car had BFG Comp Sports? 205s in the rear and 195s in front.  The 205s and PanaSports would not clear the strut in front.  I now run 195 Yoko S-Drives all around.  The 205s rubbed, despite rolled fender lips; but my car is a bit lower than yours.  195s do not rub. When new, the S-Drives were pretty sticky, now they are about 3 years old and about 20,000 miles on them... not rolling into the throttle properly can break the rear loose pretty easily.  I would buy them again, though.

'71 B&W.jpg

Good looking Jade car... I like it.

Ed

Thanks for the info Ed. Interesting that the 205 with Panasports rubbed on the front. I have tii front struts and brakes, I wonder if that makes a difference. 

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

Not sure if the Tii struts will make a difference.  I'd make some measurements of your tire/suspension set up and use an online tire/rim size calculator to get a better idea. I've tried a bunch and like this one best, because you can enter data measured off your particular set up, store that in scenario #1, then it will show you how changes in ET or aspect ratio will fit.

http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=175-70-13X5.5ET18&wheel2=185-70-13X6ET12&fcl=50mm&wcl=40mm&scl=30mm

In my case, I couldn't even mount the 205 wheel/tire on the front due to it hitting the strut tube.  Your mileage may vary...

Ed

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool