PeterVarga

'76 Emissions Sticker

14 posts / 1977 viewsLast Reply

Still looking for the engine compartment sticker for the '76 CA model.

A 3x4 white decal with black and blue printing on depicting the emissions circuits. It sits in the air plenum beneath the windshield on drivers side.

Tilux, La Jolla Independent and FDOVargas haven't got them. Has anyone found the original graphics for this or even better had a printer make stickers? If I can get the graphics I'll have it printed and offer them at cost. Thanks.

Mssrs. Guibob and C.D. I have the diagram from the DagSites webpage.

However, it is missing a couple of really nice text and graphics that the OEM sticker had. If I can't find a more complete graphic I'll bring that one

to the printer. Possible the printer can add the missing details if theyre talented enough..... HOWEVER, you know how fussy we can be ..... I'd really like that complete OEM look. I may never find it,,,,Hi Hi. but I'll keep lookin for a while longer.

And C.D. .... I really like that 'improved' smog diagram.... however I think the detail might not read if they reduced it to 3 x 4.

And then one wonders if duplication of OEM decals is permissable.....even if it supports the hobby and the vehicles. We shall see what happens.

Still looking for the engine compartment sticker for the '76 CA model.

A 3x4 white decal with black and blue printing on depicting the emissions circuits. It sits in the air plenum beneath the windshield on drivers side.

Cannot help you with the sticker, however, as far as I know, all '76s had that sticker placed next to the driver side shock. The oil sticker was up near the windshield.

What a great idea you have. The sticker had a red color also. The sticker was also specific to the car. My sticker id's my car as a US 75 Automatic. Also my sticker is on the drivers side shock mount, just like 02Les. Here is an upclose pic of the sticker on my car.

If you want I can email you a more robust pic file if you need.

Hope it helps, Ozzy

post-2554-13667592094442_thumb.jpg

Ozzy: great!....thats the sticker .... on my '76 its under the bonnet

locking rod where your 'black' sticker is. In either case I can't find one

with all the text on it. If you have a 'graphics quality' file with that sticker on it, I can have it printed at a decal printer. Cuz thats the one. Otherwise I'd print a file without the complete details and add the missing stuff with graphics technique. Thanks for the posting. ...Oh, the difference is probably that mine is a 4 speed manual and yours is automatic.. The text on the sticker is different and the position under the hood is different. Once the type font is determined I think a graphics person can put the correct text in where it belongs. Incidentially, the 4-speed '76 doesn't have the red highlight, just blue and black.

my EMail is [email protected] if you want to chat. Thanks PV

Where can you get these photos reproduced as a sticker that looks like the original quality. I would love to reproduce this sticker on my `69.

post-9115-13667592103866_thumb.jpg

HBC: I was told that On Time Sign, can print stickers. I've just started contact with them. First I had to get the artwork for it. I haven't determined how OEM looking they can get just as yet. I know that the thickness of the plastic material is .005 in or .15 mm thick. I'll post if they are interested in doing this type of work. Haven't received a reply as yet.

Peter, Thanks, I would be interested in what you find out. There are a few stickers for my Coupe that I have photos of as well.

post-9115-1366759211271_thumb.jpg

Both my ' 75 and my wife's ' 76 have the emission sticker in the same place as above - just forward of the driver's side shock. 'Course everything in the diagram is long gone from our cars, Gracias a Dios.

Bob Napier

Bob .... as Alice in Wonderland said, this car " gets curiouser and curiouser...." I think she said it anyway. Just reporting what is

under my hood regarding sticker placement.....however, I can

tell that there has been at least one repaint and the area where

the sticker is has been painted. Maybe they relocated the sticker

during the repaint process. Anyway, I'll try not to drop the ball

with this decal. It may take a while before the drawings are satisfactory

enought for printing that is. I'll post if there is progress.

And HBC: At least one of the stickers shown in photos is being

printed. I'd contact La Jolla Independent in So. Cal for more

info. I'll guess that you've already tried them. Good Luck

Well, today I went to Office Max and had them make a large

print from the dagsites JPEG file. At 16x20 it looks impressive

however there is 'pixellation' on some of the lines. I'll begin

the editing process, delete lines that aren't on the sticker and

start putting the text in. Then I'll try printing it slightly smaller.

Maybe the jaggies come from the enlargement process. It'll

have to be smooth lines before I can have the printer photograph

it.