ryanOC

got the tii started! & wiring questions

9 posts / 1516 viewsLast Reply

so i hooked up as much as i could figure out while putting the tii together the other day, but i was still left over with a couple wires unconnected, and don't know where they go

basically there is a pretty good sized gauge red wire coming from the positive terminal connector, and then there is a black wire that comes out of the harness right about under the location of the brake fluid reservoir

the car has a/c, so not sure if that makes a diff for those wires

anyway, i found that the cold start valve is busticated (spraying like a mother) but i still got it started somehow

it was running really nice, which is a great relief, because i was worried about the pump having been messed up when i was torquing down the pump drive pulley

seemed to idle at a good speed too, so i'm thinking i got the throttle linkage adjusted pretty good for now

tomorrow i want to bleed the brakes and the clutch so i can drive her up and down the street real quick (no windows or interior installed yet)

here it is just a minute after starting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dHDV9zg2YY

070308192504yu6.jpg

Jeezus we're nerds, aren't we? *laughing*

What a triumphant moment....ain't no beter smell or sound in the world than a freshly started dormant motor!

Is there a relay visable for the AC? If so - check to see if that large red wire goes to it. If not AC - perhaps a relay for some other accessory - driving lights?

Are you absolutely sure the black wire is part of the factory harness? Does it carry 12 volts either with ignition on, or off? I'll check my 73 and see if it looks familiar tomorrow!

In re-wrapping the entire harness on this car (not mine by the way) - I have to admit - I mixed up cold start injector and temp time switch wiring - AFTER going through the trouble of installing the correct orig. boots on each....ugh...so dumb! Luckily an easy re-route got her firing right up cold! *whew!*

Paul Wegweiser

post-2748-13667592067696_thumb.jpg

ahhhhh, yes yes.... this must be the 5th time i've rebuilt a 2002 engine, but 1st time for a tii engine. thought it'd be more difficult, but it wasn't a problem

cool thing was how smooooooooth it ran right off the bat... not at all lumpy like a carbed one

i'm gonna have to check the connections again tomorrow.... i think it might be for the driving lights, yeah. we'll see.

p.s. that's a damn nice looking engine bay

"HOLY SHEEP FRITTER's!!"

before you worry anymore about the motor,

jack up the front end and yank out those

elevator spacers lurking under yer front

inner fender - top of the struts !.

ha! i was waiting for that....

well it aint a priority at the moment, but i'll definitely get around to it

"HOLY SHEEP FRITTER's!!"

before you worry anymore about the motor,

jack up the front end and yank out those

elevator spacers lurking under yer front

inner fender - top of the struts !.

Just curious, How were you able to spot that he still has the spacers underneath? Since mine's a '74 I guess I probably have them too. Thanks.

Easy to spot! Look at the colorado orange engine bay - notice how much of the bearing is protruding above the sheetmetal (no apacers) versus the Malaga car - where the spacers fit inbetween the mount and the car - moving the height of the mount lower, relative to body - or in actuality...moving the body HIGHER in relation to suspension!

HTH!

Paul Wegweiser

good news, i just hooked up the cold start valve again and gave it a shot and......... ITS WORKING

WTF ! cool

im gonna have a look at the wiring...