eaker02

tii- warmup transmitter ?

6 posts / 1134 viewsLast Reply

74tii- after re-reading the manual, I now question myself on the gap setting between the lever and the stop.

I set the 2.6mm gap between lever and stop with engine cold and the rod all the way down.

But as I read and look at the manual on page 12, it looks like the rod is lifted with a screwdriver. the book says "to lever out the regulating cone with a scredriver and insert the retaining plate.

Do I lift the rod until the cone is extended the 10mm and the set the gap between lever and stop to 2.6mm? Or where does the retaining plate do that you slide in come into play.( Seems like if I did this, it would never hit the stop and always run rich) Or did I do it right to begin with?

Appreciate any step by step on this procedure.. want to make sure it right before I monkey with something else.

Thanks

ron

Caught some of the video, looks like all the retainer plate is doing is holding cone in a certain position. Can the cone get moved or something get out of place? I didn't hold anything in place when I adjusted the big gap it had

Thanks

There is a notch on the transmitter that you can lock something into.

Do NOT adjust the gap without levering it out first.

I used a electrical ground loop with a notch cut out. It held it out perfectly.

Look at the pictures in the manual, it should be very straight-forward.

Unfortunately, I gapped it to the 2.6mm without levering. if there is good news it's that I no longer have to much fuel being pumped into the system which caused excessive smoke out the exhaust. Bad news is I have a little surge after it's warm due to it, which is what I'm trying to correct.

Is there any major problems by not performing the "levering out" first other than being off on the gap between the lever and stop?

Thanks

I'll look at it tonight and see If I can lever it out and re-gap.

Any other advice?

Thanks

Just follow the manual closely. Also make sure the motor is completely cold (like overnight) or you risk being out of adjustment even if you do the procedure correctly.

Thanks Justin,

Here's what I'm wondering now. Bought the KF pump because mine was bad. Since setting everything baseline according to the manual, found that the lever and stop was set at about 5 or 6mm and I was getting bad smoke from gas.

After setting the lever gap at 2.6-3mm no more smoke, but do have a idle surge. Now I'll need to open it more because I didn't set it right using the raised lever method.

It almost sound like the gap when cold could be around 4 or 5mm, which I hope doesn't create excessive fuel again.

I will check tomorrow night and see.

Thanks for the tips and advice