BLUNT

broken windshield

10 posts / 1508 viewsLast Reply

i can put 50k on a rolling POS and never have an issue but 1900 miles on my brand new windshield in my M2 and i catch a rock and spider my new windshield. i have a guy coming out to fill it and see how it goes. id rather try that first then put a new one in and risk scratches or leaks. if it doesnt look good i will replace it. anyone had good luck with them injecting into a crack? its very small and behind my rear view mirror so im hoping for good results

fwiw...i had a similar repair made on a honda 15 years ago and it' still perfect

I caught a piece of gravel kicked up by a 'vette at Memphis Motorsports Park 8 years ago, almost in my line of sight. State Farm sent out someone the day I got home, filled it, and it's been almost invisible since. At worst, it looks like an eyelash on the glass.

We don't get MN cold, but we get near zero, and over 100, and so far, so good.

David

if the impact point, and or any of the tiny cracks

falls outside the circle if a DIME ( $ 0.10 )

forget about wasting your time and money

that's the industry standard for windshield repair business

ROCK # 1

DING04.jpg

ROCK # 2

DING12.jpg

AND ROCK # 3

DING01.jpg

thanks guys, he just left. i chose these guys because their advertisement states "specializing in classic and collectible automobiles. we treat your car like its ours"

the technician was as big as my 02 and after he ran his hands all over my paint and told me how smooth it was he proceeded to fix the chip. he put his nasty sweaty paws all over my paint and dripped sweat everywhere and when he was done he was getting ready to spray glass cleaner on my paint to clean it up. i told him thanks but ill do it and shuttled him out of the garage mahal. i know im getting old and crotchety but wouldnt you think a company stating they know how to handle collectible cars would have a tech working for them that undestood how picky some folks are. granted its an 02 but i doubt hed treat a million dollar ferrari any differently. but all said, he did do a nice job fixing the chip and it looks as good as it could.

Great .

now - maybe when you get a furrari in your garagemahaul

Fat Bob won't drip body fluids on yer car.

Which of the 3 samples above did you have Bob repair ?

I need to find a decent place that'll replace the windshield on your old e30....that thing is cracked to all hell and its getting longer and longer each day

Great .

now - maybe when you get a furrari in your garagemahaul

Fat Bob won't drip body fluids on yer car.

Which of the 3 samples above did you have Bob repair ?

none really, there was no material missing from the windshield. the impact spot was the size of a pinhead and a crack of 1/4" on either side of the impact spot had started. i think i saw it right away and maybe was lucky. i limped home very slowly as to avoid flexing anything and left it in the garage until sweaty bob was able to arrive with his tools and bodily fluids

thanks guys, he just left. i chose these guys because their advertisement states "specializing in classic and collectible automobiles. we treat your car like its ours"

the technician was as big as my 02 and after he ran his hands all over my paint and told me how smooth it was he proceeded to fix the chip. he put his nasty sweaty paws all over my paint and dripped sweat everywhere and when he was done he was getting ready to spray glass cleaner on my paint to clean it up. i told him thanks but ill do it and shuttled him out of the garage mahal. i know im getting old and crotchety but wouldnt you think a company stating they know how to handle collectible cars would have a tech working for them that undestood how picky some folks are. granted its an 02 but i doubt hed treat a million dollar ferrari any differently. but all said, he did do a nice job fixing the chip and it looks as good as it could.

That made me laugh Steve! Glad it came out alright though. Here's hoping it stays fixed!

John