elementfmfl

Found in console???

8 posts / 1724 viewsLast Reply

Well Im finally finding some time to get into the areas I want to and not need to adress in this car. I found this piece boucing around in the console area and not bolted down to anything. I am wondering where it goes and what the "wings" are for. (As usual feel free to abuse me for my lack of 2002 knowledge, SHould you choose to read this post). I just really started to use the realoem site, and now it looks like its gone.

Thanks again Brian

post-10316-1366759206077_thumb.jpg

that piece fits in the back of the console, vertically. There are usually 2 square cardboard pieces (about 3" x 3") that sit on the little "wings" and direct the airflow from the bottom heaterbox vents towards the footwells and not into the center console.

that piece fits in the back of the console, vertically. There are usually 2 square cardboard pieces (about 3" x 3") that sit on the little "wings" and direct the airflow from the bottom heaterbox vents towards the footwells and not into the center console.

Ok so it bolt in just as it is in the pic, all the way to the rear of the console, correct? I will have to source the heater bits when I get the heater sorted out. For now I will bolt it back it.

Thanks

If your having problems with RealOEM.com then try Max's site:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/select.do?vin=&series=114&body=Lim

Same images, Same part numbers - but REAL prices, and you can click to buy if you want.

Beaner7102

Thanks Back up and running, I will try thr realoem site again maybe just was down for repairs.... or maybe some crazy $h!t wrong w my computer.... Nah that never happens... Although I did just do one of those stupid windows updates