Deutschman

$11000 2002? 53 miles on it?

16 posts / 2025 viewsLast Reply

Yeah only 53 miles, after clocking over for the 4th time or since the odo died 15 years ago. I dont believe odo readings in these cars. Too easy to open them up for repair or winding back.

Beaner7102

53xxx and the car is some weird nonstock yellow...i dont think so, maybe 253,000

Yeah only 53 miles, after clocking over for the 4th time or since the odo died 15 years ago. I dont believe odo readings in these cars. Too easy to open them up for repair or winding back.

Beaner7102

QFT

WTF it clearly said 53,000 miles. There is even a picture of the odometer, everyone knows that they roll over, who is to say that the post is a lie. How is this an issue? Could there even be (OMG) documentation?

Guest Anonymous

I can make anyones car say 53k on it in about 20 minutes with a flat tip screwdriver.. the screws to get out the gauge pannel are thumb screws... don't believe mileage... see what your eyes tell you..

Guest Anonymous

Forget about the miles. Is the car really super clean, generally "rust free" mechanically solid and straight? If so, it might be worth $11K; having spent much more on mine to get it decent. I'd offer $8100 and see what happens.

Roger

'72 Malaga

Forget about the miles. Is the car really super clean, generally "rust free" mechanically solid and straight? If so, it might be worth $11K; having spent much more on mine to get it decent. I'd offer $8100 and see what happens.

Roger

'72 Malaga

true, mileage means nothing on these cars unless someone is being deceitful and trying to pass a car off as original miles. my M2 has 680k on it but whats really left of the original car?

what's with the seats, does the lower half of the passenger side appear to be two tone yellow and black? OR is it just the light?

what's with the seats, does the lower half of the passenger side appear to be two tone yellow and black? OR is it just the light?

No I do believe that the bottom of that seat is some kind of black and tan. You can see it in the pic of the dash to.

It's a 76 so in California it's not worth a squirt of piss. ( you would have to smog it )

i would never spend that much on an 02 right off the bat! i might buy one for $4,000-5,000 and then start spending to get it fixed, but i don't trust anyone but me and my machine @ Bavarian Professionals in the east bay to do $11,000 worth of repairs! and i find that color kinda nasty!

WTF it clearly said 53,000 miles.

at 99,999 miles, the odometer goes back to... 0 mile. Which means that 54K miles can be 154K, 254K, 354k... It takes a full history of the vehicule since the very early days to prove real low mileage.

I have tried with my 02 with no results to get the auto history. But I also needed to apply for a lost car title so I don't get to see much of my 02's past. I got mine for 500 dollars and the odo said 82,092 when I got it. Its def around 180 if not 280 but the rebuild is coming either way!