Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Stainless Steel Header?

2 posts / 615 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I discovered a used stainless steel header 4-1 collector in my garage. I have acquired a number of parts over the years and cannot recall anything about this header. It has bung for an oxygen sensor aft of the collector. Except for the fact that it will not bolt up to the center resonator, it appears to fit my tii.

I have a stahl too, but this other header is different. The first tube is by itself the other three tubes are connected by plates presumably to stabilize things. Each tube is independently flanged -there is no one plate to which they are all attached. I searched the archives and noted that someone suggested there are only two manufacturers that make this header type: Ansa and Supersprint. Neither company offers a picture on their site. Because my camera grew legs, I am presently unable to post a picture.

Given my description, is it likely one of the two mentioned brands or are there other possibilities?

TIA

Guest Anonymous

Still haven't located my camera to post a picture. Perhaps someone can help identify this header by another means. As I recall, my stahl had a tag tack welded to the header. I can't visualize the other manufacturers' markings. There appear to be some markings near the inlet tubes, but they are illegible. They may also be nothing more than light knurling from the jig used to assemble the system. By the way, the tubes appear to be slightly smaller than 1.5" in diameter and the tube exiting the collector (where everything was cut off) is 3".

tia