beammmer

More Body work holes found...

8 posts / 1541 viewsLast Reply

after the engine was removed for rebuild I discovered these two holes. They go straight through the firewall, the carpet can be seen inside. Does any one know what these are for? They were not on my two previous O2s. The information I have tells me this was not originally an A/C car. They do seem to be a convenient pass through for electrical and etc... I plan to plug the holes with 3M Strip-caulk. Thanks, Don

HolesinFirewall_0003.jpg

HolesinFirewall_0004.jpg

HolesinFirewall_0010.jpg

HolesinFirewall_0011.jpg

reply's. It makes sense they are for the A/C. It's interesting that except for the holes, there is no indication of A/C. I guess the car could have been made for the A/C and it was never added at the factory? Don

Do you also have the holes up front by the passenger headlight?

Maybe a PO removed all the AC stuff?

reply's. It makes sense they are for the A/C. It's interesting that except for the holes, there is no indication of A/C. I guess the car could have been made for the A/C and it was never added at the factory? Don

They are for A/C.

The was no factory-installed A/C on 2002s.

The aftermarket Behr, Clardy and Frigiking units were all dealer-installed.

I had a Clardy A/C unit installed on my '74 2002 when I bought it new, and yup, those holes had to be drilled for those hoses.

My '73tii once had A/C, and the PO plugged the holes with fiberglass.

Cheers!

Delia

When I recently replaced my carpet I found that those holes had allowed water to collect in the pass side foot well. The floor pan was rusting from the inside out. You may want to seal them up if you don't plan on using them for AC.