Armond

10:1 CR on a Tii... e12 head. which cam??

6 posts / 1647 viewsLast Reply

is best for this set up? Schrick 284,292 or the Korman 300? I will have my KF and injectors,warm up regulator and dizzy rebuilt as well. your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think your gonna be limited by how much fuel the Kfish can provide. But I'm sure there is a known recipe.

John

280 or 284. dbilas makes both and is available thru the faq store

292 and up will give you a lumpy idle and fuel issues such as low end driveability. you may run rich or lean on certain rpm's with the stock kfish unless you replace the internal cam to match your cam profile. cahsel and schimmer tuning sell them for $$$.

you have to remember that a high lift longer duration cam will also lower your cr by half a point or less? especially cam profiles higher than 300 degrees.

btw very early us and euro tii's had 10:1 cr.

there is not a right or wrong answer here, it is personal preference. I like both, but again I have two cars- one with a 284 and the other with a 292, I guess that is why BMW came up with double vanos! 284 will make you happy off the line, 292 (between 5 and 6.5) will make happy where the 284 starts gasping for air. You can't have it both ways, unfortunately... choose, but choose wisely.