c.d.iesel

what's dat "WARNING" lite ? 4 neubies & noobs

10 posts / 1860 viewsLast Reply

and then some early cluster and tail lites

incase you lost yer Owner's handbook

021968GAUGEandTAILITES.jpg

C'Mon CD....we ALL know that stuff about the temperature gauge is pure BS! If it's in the RED....STOP....NOW!

How do I know this? Well....they say, if you can't set a good example....you should at least serve as a horrible warning.

In 1986, I had to drive an AMC Eagle station wagon (identical to the one pictured here - wood and all!) to my highschool prom, because I ran my 02 into the red zone and cracked the cylinder head 3 days earlier.

Think about it... the humility....the shame....the absolute LACK of panache! Forced to drive THIS PIG instead of a (admittedly rusty, oil belching) 1972 2002 to the big dance. *sigh*

It was a hard 2002 lesson to learn - but it's stuck with me.

Paul Wegweiser

post-2748-13667591959766_thumb.jpg

Paul,

Sorry for past character builder of a car in High School.

It has about as much style,and a lot less than the new BMW X6 dream machine.

Jonathan

the oil pressure one is the "STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!" light.

the red area on the temp gauge simply means you weren't paying attention. also means "turn your heater on to maximum, stat."

Well....it's not WV, but rural Pennsylvania (or as we called it: Pennstyltucky) might even be worse.

Cow tipping anyone?

Paul Wegweiser

Guest Anonymous

I have no quarrel with your messages but what does your patriotism have to do with this forum? I served and many people on this board may have served but that does not mean we go to this board to be reminded of it. It is really no different then the promise of a free meal/drink if I attend services at your church. Besides, why mix the messages at all? Can't each message stand on its own merits?

Right on. cd, and hey, no apology needed. We should all take a moment in whatever we're doing to thank our men and women in uniform for preserving and protecting our freedom. Proper respect given - now back to the forum.

Guest Anonymous

CD: I have read many of your posts and know your heart is in the right place. I was not offended. My only point is that it seems this forum should mostly be about the marque and if not, then it is off topic.

I happen to share your patriotic sentiments, especially when it concerns sacrifices by those in uniform. I am also considering that many board participants are from other countries, some of whom may have slightly different views from ours. To that extent, I doubt these other participants necessarily come to this board to hear and discuss local politics and religion.

Happy 4th!