BLUNT

plating wiper arms?

12 posts / 1899 viewsLast Reply

has anyone done this or is it even possible? i believe my early arms are stainless and could be polished nicely in my wifes dental lab when she is not there. but the little portion on the end that attaches to the actual shaft looks like crap. anything i put on my car looks bad compared to the rest of the car so ive been running without . can you plate wiper arms?

You can have it plated. The only issue's would be the pivot point and the fact that they would be dealing with two types of metals, the actual arm and the portion that's splined.

I'd check the Hemmings for someone that specializes in small trim pieces.

Cris

Eastwood has some nice metal finishes (e.g., alumna blast) and clear coats in cans that you can use for the pivot piece, inexpensive and leaves a nice and durable finish.

I had mine done. What my guy did is strip the whole blade and then chrome the whole blade. Only the part that has the knurls gets chromed, the rest of the blade is stainless. The chrome doesn't stick to the stainless so he peels it off and then polishes that reainding blade. heres a pic of how it turned out.

post-1419-13667592007663_thumb.jpg

post-1419-13667592008874_thumb.jpg

Joser- Can you let us know who did it?

I'm definitly game for doing a set, maybe 2 sets.

Cris

The place is called Millennium Plating in Ontario Ca. Here's the deal guys, he's a small shop near my house that does a lot of local work. Unsure if he would do work and send it back. If you guys want, ship me wipers you want done, I'll have the guy do them and send them back. Won't charge you anything extra, just plating and shipping charges. If I bring enough to him maybe we can get a bulk deal. Let me know.

Joser,

Did you happen to get any bumpers plated by them? I am looking for a shop to do my bumper. Do you have a number and address by chance?

Henry, they did do my bumpers and front over riders, came out sweet. Check the pics, good price too. l'll get the address to you tomorrow when I pass by their place.

post-1419-13667592021772_thumb.jpg

post-1419-13667592022494_thumb.jpg