msamuelsca

inherited a rusty 2002, needs a home

12 posts / 2104 viewsLast Reply

Restore it and drive around san fransisco with a big smile on your face. C'mon stop reading the internets, get to work chop chop./

We need more info about the 2002 your inherited, can you paste any pics of the car to this forum? I'm sure some SF Bay 02 enthusiasts can come by and take a look at it and give you their opinion of the car's condition & value. We need your email for contact info so that a local 02 enthusiast can contact you to check it out.

If you can't post any pics of the car, What year is your 2002? Is the rust on the surface or has it caused holes through the body panels? Auto matic or manual gearbox? Since it hasn't been driven in a year, is it currently registered? If not, is it registerd non-op through the DMV? Otherwise DMV will want some significant back fees from the new owner when they try to register it (or junk the car), AMHIK.

Your 2002 may be a parts car or it may just need some TLC to be back on the road in the hands of an enthusiast. It sounds like you don't want to deal this 2002 that you have just inherited and you want it off your hands ASAP.

G-Man

thank you, no, we don't want to deal with it, we are looking for paperwork and info, I can post photos later, when we find out more about this car. As I said, It ran daily, its manual transmission, late 2002, it definately has surface rust through the hood and around fender wells, I did not look carefully, it just happened and we are on the first day of this. I was maintained fixed, not restored at all. so...someone looking at it who knows about 2002's sounds right. The man who owned it would like it to go to a good home, he loved it. thanks again

how can I make my email and contact info available without making it public on this board?? thanks again, I hope the car finds a good home, parts or driving

Since PM has been disabled on this board and you don't want to post your phone or email (understandable), someone in the bay area may post their email or phone # and say contact me. Then you can link up. Who ever goes to look at the car, give us a report back.

G-Man

how can I make my email and contact info available without making it public on this board?? thanks again, I hope the car finds a good home, parts or driving

Please e-mail (see options above). I'm happy to look at it and take it off your hands. I'm in San Fran almost everyday. Thanks

If you toggle yes for "Always Show My Email" in your profile settings, it will enable other FAQers to send you an email via an FAQ messager. The FAQ messager does not show your email addy to the sender. As far as I know, there is no way to obtain a user's email on the FAQ (regardless of settings) unless the user publishes it in a post or signature.

i have been looking for a project for me and my bro.If you still have it let me know. i live close to sf and could pick up asap. I could even buy you lunch or something. Jason. [email protected]

i have been looking for a project for me and my bro.If you still have it let me know. i live close to sf and could pick up asap. I could even buy you lunch or something. Jason. [email protected]

We are now ready to get a new home for this car, we don't know its value and need help with that. we can post photos and more info about year etc, we have all the paper work, title etc, advice?? thanks